Shopify is an e-commerce platform that enables your business to sell products online. Wodify has built an integration that allows Shopify users to pass products and inventory between the two services.
Who should use Wodify's Shopify Integration?
Wodify customers that want an online retail store on their website should consider using the integration.
What is my Shopify Default Location?
Shopify does not have the concept of multiple locations. Therefore we can only sync inventory with one Wodify location. Wodify customers with multiple locations much choose the location Shopify will sync inventory. Once a location has been chosen it cannot be changed.
What is synced between Wodify and Shopify?
Wodify to Shopify:
- Any product created in Wodify and all of its product details (except Location - Shopify has no concept of Location) will be created in Shopify.
- Any edits made to a product in Wodify will sync with Shopify
- Inventory changes made in the Shopify default location in Wodify will sync. Products sold and/or returned from your default Shopify location in Wodify will adjust inventory in Shopify
- Existing Shopify products can be pulled ONE TIME to Wodify from Shopify. This one time sync occurs when the Shopify integration is enabled. All products details, except SEO and Collections data, will sync to Wodify
- Inventory changes due to sales or returns made in Shopify will sync with inventory in Wodify
- Any Shopify products with different values for "Charge Tax", "Track Inventory", or "Allow users to purchase this item, even if it is no longer in stock" will not be pulled to Wodify. For example, if a Shopify product has one variant that charges tax but the other variant does not, the product will NOT sync to Wodify. These products must be manually created in Wodify and reconciled with Shopify.
How to setup Shopify Integration
To start your initial setup:
- Login to Wodify Admin
- Click Retail > Shopify > Enable Shopify Integration
- Enter the name of your Shopify Store (if the name includes spaces, replace spaces with hyphens)
- Enter your Shopify API Key & Password. API keys and passwords are needed for Wodify to communicate with your Shopify store.
- Choose the Wodify location used to sync inventory with Shopify (IMPORTANT: This location can not be changed once you enable Shopify)
- Enter the default tax rate for each product that requires tax to be charged
- Click Save
I am introducing a new product - should I create the product in Wodify or Shopify?
Shopify product details are only pushed to Wodify one time - upon the initial Shopify integration. After Shopify is integrated any new products must be created in Wodify.
If you wish to sell a product in Wodify but not Shopify, make sure the 'Create & connect to Shopify' checkbox is disabled when you create your product. If the product has already been created, click 'Disconnect' in the Shopify section of the Product Edit screen.
Wodify is the system or record after integrating with Shopify. Any product or inventory adjustments required should be made in Wodify - not Shopify.