Wodify Core Ideas

Thank you for providing us with ideas. BEFORE creating a new idea, please search the forum. If the idea currently exists please vote for that idea rather than creating a new one.

We’ll regularly monitor new ideas and assign them an applicable status. Please understand that we may have to decline good ideas from time to time due to the the volume of ideas we get and our current product strategy. When we do assign a status to an idea please keep in mind that this is not a firm roadmap and all dates and statuses are subject to change. For an up to date view of our roadmap visit roadmap.wodify.com.

If you have a support issue please email support@wodify.com.

How can we build better software for you?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow grouping of athletes for team scoring on WODS

For the sake of us gyms that do 1-2 team workouts per week maybe we could group athletes on the coach board, allow the team to take on a name and score the team workout as a team. Lots of team workouts going on and Wodify doesn't address scoring them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow whiteboard and leaderboard components to display in the units that are set as the unit of measure of the component.

Allow whiteboard and leaderboard components to display in the units that are set as the unit of measure of the component, and not driven by a global setting.

Example of current system for a WOD:

Metcon1: Max Box Jump Height has a score entered in inches (example 40 inches)

Metcon2: Row for 1 minute. Score is total meters rowed.

Depending on the Unit of Measure set for the gym, the scores on the whiteboard and/or leaderboard can only display a single unit. So in this case the scores would be one of the below:

Unit of Measure under Gym =…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic Text Reminder to Leads to confirm Appointments

It would be great to have an appointment reminder system built in where we could set appointments, and the system would have an option to choose how far in advance to send an automatic text reminder to the lead reminding them about their appointment. We could view all appointments by the week or month in a calendar. If they respond to the automated text, we would either get a notification via email or to our phone # if it could be synced somehow.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2017  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Classes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. API

I'd like to have API / REST / JSON access to the member data. I am looking for read-only access to name and email address initially, but phone number would be nice too. I would like to be able to pull member data for setting up events, email, other marketing activities, and some custom apps we have written etc.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Athlete/Lead Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m marking this as “yes” but I’m not 100% sure how we’ll skin this cat. It may be via the API like you suggested, it may be via a Zapier integration, and with some of your ideas it will be by us building the feature in organically. Either way we’ll be solving these problems in the next 6-18 months.

6. Members being able to pay invoices online

I would like for members to be able to go to there profile and be able to pay there invoices.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Financial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple Athletes - Same Invoice

Multiple Invoices - We hav 18 people purchasing the exact same thing - it would be nice to create one invoice - and then assign it to 18 different people. Versus having to go through 1 at a time creating custom invoices.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Financial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Flexibility on Changing Memberships

I really think activation dates should be able to be changed as well as membership costs even when in the middle of the membership.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Coaches Pay

I am a customer of Mad Labs and their business philosophy works off of a commission based system to pay their coaches. Each athlete is assigned a coach. That coach is their point of contact for the gym and they are responsible for keeping that member happy. The coach receives a percentage of that member's monthly dues as long as that member is a part of the gym. The coach's monthly salary is a total of all their percentages from all their athletes. and also PT sales. What do you think the best way of keeping track of this would…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  4 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. optimize Free-Trial options

possibility to limit classes for Free Try-Outs booked online!

also show online how many spots for classes are available.

create a list to show how many try-outs in which class + name + address + phone number ...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Online Sales Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

While I’m not sure whether or not we’ll be able to implement your exact suggestion we do plan on enhancing the functionality around lead management and we’ll take this into account when the appropriate time comes.

11. Language Spanish

I'd had in mind the large Spanish-speaking population (518 million, just behind the Chinese mandarin and English) and that they can translate menus so that athletes such as limited English proficiency can be handled with your system.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Non Feature Related  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Coachboard please!

As an owner I want to be able to see the coaches board without having to log into wodify from my laptop. Thus far that is the only thing I see missing from this app. I work another job during the day and want to see who has come in for each class.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Kiosk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We are planning on building a coach specific app which would allow you to pull up the coachboard from your mobile phone as needed.

13. Waitlist

We have just switched to Wodify from Zenplanner and our athletes and coaches love everything about it. The big exception is the waitlist. Before we had a set waitlist with an automatic upgrade if somebody cancelled. This worked very well.
    With the Wodify system our athletes feel they are being penalised if they don't have constant access to their emails.
    We also have situations where classes are initially full and then several people cancel. This leaves free spaces but there are no automatic upgrades so athletes are still on the waitlist. In these scenarios they should be automatically upgraded and…

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Classes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will be updating our reservation feature. We are looking to have options for how you would like your reservations to work at your gym, including adding the first athlete on the waitlist to an open spot in class.

14. Add total check-ins to attendance report

Add a date filter to the "Athletes Last Attendance" report. This would allow to see total classes attended in a date range.

This would be great for gyms with recognition for a "committed club".

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2017  ·  0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Body Composition

Body composition and health tracking is just as important, if not more important, than performance tracking, yet it does not exist in Wodify yet.

Please add charts showing progress levels over time on the following variables:

Body weight
    Body fat %
    Body measurements (waist, hips, et cetera)
    Cholesterol
    Blood sugar
    Cytokine levels

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Journal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Complete Mobile App Redesign Based on Extensive Usability Testing

Usability testing of iOS App.
    Redesign of mobile app.

(IN THAT ORDER!!!!)

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Mobile Specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will have a completely overhauled Athlete app out in 2017 that will address all of these pain point.

We will also be deploying performance updates for the remainder of 2016 that will prove to cut down on latency in the app.

17. "My Classes" at a glance

kind of "My Reservations" or "My Classes" page / section where you could see at a glance all the upcoming classes for which you have a reservation or are waitlisted

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will be working on a brand new athlete app next year, which should include the ability for athletes to see all reservations at a glance. In the meantime, your athletes can view this information by logging into Wodify on their mobile app and clicking into ‘Attendance’ within their profile.

18. Free trial sign-in on Kiosk

The kiosk should have another button like the drop-in (maybe even the same one) where you can quick add (name, email, phone number) a walk-in to the free trial and start on the spot instead of going over to the admin side and fill out all the info, mostly when the kiosk is being used.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2017  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add monthly sales to an athlete's account to avoid processing fees

Option to add merch/supplements/etc to an athlete's account so they are billed once a month along with membership instead of having to pay so many transaction fees with POS.
    Ex: Joe's membership is $100, and he bought 5 cans of FitAid ($15) this month. He would be drafted $115 on his next membership due date.

197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Retail/Point of Sale  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for the feedback regarding this suggestion. We’ll be looking to revise the billing aspects of Wodify in the up and coming year to include a running tab. Be sure to be on the lookout for up and coming updates.

20. Prorate membership fees when a membership is put on hold.

Prorate membership fees when a membership is put on hold. I am transitioning to making all of my membership fees due on the 1st of the month in order to simplify cash flow, but under the current system, that will get messed up if athletes have to hold their membership for whatever reason.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will be looking to revisit this function concerning holds in the near future. For now will mark this as ‘Yes – 2017’ so be on the lookout for future updates coming down the pipeline.

• Don't see your idea?

Wodify Core Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base