How can we build better software for you?

Need a rewrite

I have to say this software is very clunky and needs to be rewritten using modern technology. The mobile app (android) works differently than the desktop app. It is very slow....

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
developing now  ·  AdminMelissa K (Product Manager, Wodify) responded  · 

This is an ongoing endeavor. We’ve seen big speed increases this year but definitely have a long way to go. We’ll have to make some changes to our database model that will allow us to then move to AWS. We’ve heavily invested in IA talent as well as engineers. We’re on the right track for sure. Thank you for the input and we look forward to continued improvement.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Peter Bekke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems like the priority has been bells and whistles on recent Wodify updates. Adding a picture to your workout and being able to add programming tracks that only specific members can see are both nice-to-haves, but they are not important. In the past couple of days I have been sitting waiting for basic functions of the site to load (checking current class attendance lists) while I get the error message that "the current page has become unresponsive. You can wait for it to become responsive, or you can kill it."

Dealing with Wodify being down, unresponsive or just slow is something that I've grown used to members bringing up. It used to be concerning, but now I am just used to it. I don't know what makes the site so regularly run as slow as it does, but it seems like that would be a good point of focus before adding features like the pictures in workouts.

• marlon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This. Please do this. Yes I can offer additional info if the OP can't. The latency and freezing of your apps running on the latest phones indicate your infrastructure is antiquated. As they say latency kills in the mobile world. I'd invest in Docker for your builds, AWS for documents, and rewrite your API in Ruby. I can't tell how well your front end is built as the app freezes and takes so long to load anything.. Maybe invest in a decent DB guy to inventory your DB performance. That could definitely be the culprit as well. Honestly, your app is the worst I've ever used and I write mobile apps for a living.

Feedback and Knowledge Base