How can we build better software for you?

Waitlist

We have just switched to Wodify from Zenplanner and our athletes and coaches love everything about it. The big exception is the waitlist. Before we had a set waitlist with an automatic upgrade if somebody cancelled. This worked very well.
With the Wodify system our athletes feel they are being penalised if they don't have constant access to their emails.
We also have situations where classes are initially full and then several people cancel. This leaves free spaces but there are no automatic upgrades so athletes are still on the waitlist. In these scenarios they should be automatically upgraded and get an email confirmation.
I know that this issue has appeared before under ideas and been declined. Would it be possible to give us the option to use the current waitlist system or automatic upgrades from the waitlist to the class?

267 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Patty McGannon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Waitlist order should determine who gets an opening in a class. Right now, we have 12 people waitlisted & they will all have the same opportunity for a class opening, instead of giving priority to who signed up first. The spot should go to the next person on the waitlist, not who sees an email first.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a class is full then people are added to waitlist.
    First person to be waitlisted is auto added to class.
    They are requested to respond "yes" to an email or ideally a text that then confirms the spot.
    No response in 20 minutes means the second person is auto added to the class.
    Responding "no" also removes them from the class and waitlist.
    Process repeats until spot is taken.

A black out period exists at a time chosen by the gym whereby upon a a cancellation a client is auto added and the space is confirmed. Or it is set so that you cannot book out between certain hours.
    We enforced penalties for no shows. This can be monetary or burpees.

I see a text message has been previously requested and rejected due to cost, but when we used Team Up, who are much cheaper than WODIFY they did offer that function so there must be some viable options out there.

• Doug Hartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you need to automatically put the first person on the waitlist in the class. We had 5 on it last night, and the 2 that were on the waitlist last got in the class. The others had got on early that day. Its very frustrating, especially this time of year. We are capping out all of our classes.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you guys have to fix this feature. This is insanely frustrating for any user.

• RF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first person on the waitlist should absolutely get put into the class when someone else cancels. They should get an email and/or alert on the app so they can, in turn, cancel if they no longer plan to attend. This is the biggest and most frequent complaint we get.

• Ian McGinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, promotion from waitlist to vacant spot should be possible through application alerts on the device we all carry in our pocket.

• Ian McGinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My current post from facebook -

With the current waitlist approach, it is possible and has happened with us, that someone not on waitlist tagged the free spot in the window it was open and a waitlisted member was unable to fill that spot.
    Is it possible that the released position be held open for a period to allow the waitlisted members to react versus allowing someone to jump in? Eg even 15-30 minutes.
    If the process is email then people will be expecting an email for a free spot. Not a bunch of friends releasing and trading spots in a booked out class.

Either notify via text or automatically give the open spot to the first person on the list. I don't have time, while driving no less, to keep refreshing my email!!

• Rich B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100% - most software that includes waitilists (like Zenplanner) set up a queue so that when one person who has a spot in the class cancel their reservation, the first person on the wait list gets the spot automatically, and gets a notification as such. This is a BIG MISS by Wodify and hopefully they fix it

• travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is extremely upsetting that we are not allowed the option to choose between the current waitlist system and automatic upgrades. It is 100% against the spirit of Crossfit. There is no reason Wodify should get to dictate how we want to run our gyms. I've seen this complaint come up often and it needs to change. You need to empower Box owners, not penalize them. Literally everyone at my box hates this feature unanimously. They love everything else about Wodify.

• Jeremy G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reposting my comment from before:

"I think Wodify is really missing the boat here. Why not allow the gym to choose how they want their waitlist to be done? In my affiliate we have a few classes that get very overbooked. We think it is unfair to have someone who tried to join 2 hours before be in the same boat is someone who tried to reserve at the very beginning of the sign up period.

If gyms are concerned about people not being able to show up, they can prevent cancellations at some time before class.

Again, you may think that isn't right, but to me it's nuts to think that because you believe in a right answer that you will not offer the choice to your customers. This is surprising given how good the rest of Wodify is.

Please fix this! We love wodify, but if this isn't fixed we will have to consider other options, as we feel this is significantly unfair to our members."

• Jeremy G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Wodify is really missing the boat here. Why not allow the gym to choose how they want their waitlist to be done? In my affiliate we have a few classes that get very overbooked. We think it is unfair to have someone who tried to join 2 hours before be in the same boat is someone who tried to reserve at the very beginning of the sign up period.

If gyms are concerned about people not being able to show up, they can prevent cancellations at some time before class.

Again, you may think that isn't right, but to me it's nuts to think that because you believe in a right answer that you will not offer the choice to your customers. This is surprising given how good the rest of Wodify is.

Please fix this! We love wodify, but if this isn't fixed we will have to consider other options, as we feel this is significantly unfair to our members.

Automatic move from waitlist to reserved emails not efficient - 1st in waitlist queue gets open spot notify via text and email. The email system doesn't work well - you need to stalk your email for notification and rapidly respond. Most people don't check there email that often. Should be automated or at least send a text notification. Our box has a problem with this on weekends and holidays. The classes are filled days in advance then people cancel at 3am - waitlisted people don't see notification and actual class is not filled.

• Martin Lodin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The thing I was meaning was that the #1 would get the spot automatically if a spot gets free, then #2 and so on. Though I don't think we need to have a limit on how many could be on the waiting list, although there could be a option for that.

• Martin Lodin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah we are getting a lot of complaints on this too and it's also make less people come to class than if there was to automatically be placed on the list. Please make a option for us box owners to have this if we want.

• w.coxon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Auto add someone to the class on the waitlist. The first person who added self to waitlist goes in. They are notified via the app and then have a 10min window to confirm that spot or if the class begins whichever comes first. I cap all my classes and need this feature as clients miss emails etc. The phone should be able to send a push notificaiton when a spot comes free

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base