How can we build better software for you?

Analytics for Athletes via Email

Have you ever played Fantasy Football? More specifically, have you ever used Yahoo! to participate in a league. If not, there is a nice feature at the end of each week that provides an email recap full of analytics regarding your performance in the league for that week.

Wodify should do the same. I would love to see metrics in my email on a weekly or bi-weekly basis about how I was doing compared to my own previous performance, national averages (amongst other Wodify users) for my lifts or gymnastic movements, or other folks in my gym.

I thought I'd be able to grab an example for you from my fantasy account, but I can't seem to get to that info any longer. Here's a link to an example I found:

http://www.fantasycube.com/nfl/robots-write-fantasy-football-yahoo-10349.

Obviously, I can log in and look at my stats and check the whiteboard for any given day, but an aggregate email would be pretty sweet.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Merritt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James Michael Irish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Melissa - noticed this post is 2016 but have not seen much performance tracking improvements in. Wodify I some time. CrossFit is measurable and repeatable at it's core. The measurement of power. With proper measurements of athletes before onboarding and through reps scemes, volume output could we begin to track improvement at the level Mr Glassman intended week over week, task over task and time over time. To trueky take it to the next level being able to estimate movements and their percentage of modality involvement could help understand and improve workout structures 1,5,9 - 2,6,10 - and 3,7,11. Just thoughts.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I requested something similar a ways back... even something as local highlights from the previous week. Like "Here's the 5 wods you did this week, here were the top scores and how you stacked up against them." Great way to keep your athletes engaged.

Feedback and Knowledge Base