How can we build better software for you?

Prorate membership fees when a membership is put on hold.

Prorate membership fees when a membership is put on hold. I am transitioning to making all of my membership fees due on the 1st of the month in order to simplify cash flow, but under the current system, that will get messed up if athletes have to hold their membership for whatever reason.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shane Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Melissa,

Maybe I missed it, but since this was marked a "Yes - 2017", and it's now 2018.. I still don't see the functionality. Is it there somewhere?

Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely something that should be added to Wodify. This would help out big time.

• Lex Egea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been suggesting this for over a year and it's still not implemented. This is a big one so let's get on it wodify! More improving of current problem and less new ideas would be great. This goes back to 2015... let's fix this issue

• Craig Woolham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, been crying out for this since we started using the system. All our members are debited on the 1st of each month so any holds cause major issues and now mean we manually refund members the amount due from our bank account.

• Shane Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea too. But in addition to this, I would love to have a way to charge a "membership hold fee" when people put their membership on hold.

We allow people to put their memberships on hold for two weeks or longer. What we find though is that there are some people who for whatever reason... likely procrastinating coming back... end up on hold for many months.

To deal with this problem, I've set up an "on-hold" membership and the cost is $3/mo. So this works. It keeps people honest. Nobody has a problem with paying $3/mo when they have to go on hold, but it also gets people who aren't planning on coming back to contact us to cancel. To keep it simple we use do it as a 1 month membership for $3, and we put it on auto-renew. The issue is when people's membership resumes, the "on-hold" membership does not automatically terminate.

So it would be very handy to be able to assign a charge to be levied while memberships are on hold.

Thanks.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having multiple billing dates complicates the bookkeeping process. It would be way easier if an athlete's membership just gets prorated if they have a hold that ends in the middle of the month.

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Holds for month to month athletes for as little as 2 weeks, with their billing date not changing

Feedback and Knowledge Base