How can we build better software for you?

Barcode scanner while making retails sales

We should have the option to use a Barcode scanner to check people out on an invoice. Its a pain to have to search through a large amount of products.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Adam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Julie Sebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I noticed that there is a SKU and barcode option but there is no option to scan the barcodes on products. This would make checking out and inventorying much simpler.

• Jim Hendrickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really a basic concept and would save gyms A TON OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not understand how a retail POS system can be built without this feature. This is one of the most basic functions for retail businesses. So unless I am truly mistaken and this already exists (If so i apologize i looked and could not find it anywhere) I would think if WODIFY wants to help create efficiencies for box owners this would be a top priority and a no brainer!!

• jonathon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The more retail/merchandise a facility has, the more chaotic the screen looks when trying to add something to the cart. With the "Favorite" products listed with the other products, things look very scrambled together. Or even having the screen categorize things into sub categories or drop down boxes to keep the screen looking nice and clean when trying to search for an item.

• Ian McGinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Barcode or QR scanner using the camera of a tablet/phone/kiosk. Would be very handy esp for self managed POS checkouts. Avoid confusion in product selection between different protein powders, coloured/length of wrist wraps, etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base