How can we build better software for you?

Upgrade Memberships

I have quite a few members that need to change their membership around. Not really sure what the best steps are for changing the date on a membership but it sure doesn't seem easy without having to cancel the membership and adding a new one for a different date. It would be nice if you could click on a members membership, have a calendar that you could click on to change a bill date for the members as needed and then have the calendar calculate the prorate amount for you and add that to the membership. So If I have a membership that bills on the 5th of every month but they have a money issue and need to bill on the 18th instead, it would be nice to just click on a calendar to change that and have the prorated amount amount add to the monthly fee, but the renewal fee would stay at the same monthly rate. Hope that makes sense but that would be great. Not sure if anyone else has this issue but we do.

45 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sara shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shane Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This definitely needs to be implemented. Upgrading or downgrading should always have the system calculate everything. We should simply have to select dates from a Calendar when the existing membership should switch over to the new one and billing dates should be able to be changed to anything we wish and/or remain on the 1st or any other date that it's already on.

Wodify is a computer code... so I can't fathom why I should ever need my calculator to figure out amounts, or why I need to be taking one price and dividing it by 30 or 31 days, and then multiplying the result by X days and then refunding the members membership by that amount and then starting an upgrade or downgrade membership. It should be click here to change memberships>click here for date of change>click here to set billing date (here we'd be able to select the date from a calendar). And behind the scenes all the calculating is done... since it is a computer program and all right?! These things should take me 30 seconds, not 5 or 10 or 20 minutes.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, editing an athletes membership would be very helpful.

• ben stacey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide a membership management area where members could upgrade their own plan based membership through their profile.

So when they wanted to advance from say a 3 class per week membership to an unlimited membership they could do so themselves.

This would set their current membership to stop auto renewing and set up the new membership. To keep it simple you could initially set it up so that memberships could only be upgraded from the next renewal date.

To manage this when creating memberships there could be a scale facility for example (1 = 1 class per week, 2 = 3 classes per week, 3 = unlimited)

I would suggest only allowing them to upgrade not down grade them selves. If they wanted to downgrade or cancel then contacting the membership team is the best option for lots of reasons.

This would save us a ton of admin time!

• Derek Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An easier way to edit the pricing or change the pricing within an existing customers plan. For example if someone wants to go from a limited plan to unlimited. Could there be an edit plan or edit pricing button which would allow editing and updates to the plan.

• info commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Wodify should have never been launched in the first place without some of these features. We defiantly need to modify packages much easier, and I am frustrated to see that I have to wait until later this year for it, is at all. After reading through some of the other feedback I can't even believe that some of them are issues that anyone would care about. What we need first and for most is the ability to modify and customize packages easier.

Feedback and Knowledge Base