How can we build better software for you?

Touch Screen Friendly Class Sign In Web Page

I'd like to see a web page designed solely for sign in. Ideally it would be constructed such that it has a list of the days classes across the top, and then for the selected days class, it will show all already registered athletes for the class. Thus to 'sign in' they just need to touch their name on the screen.

This could then be used for a wall mounted ipad or similar thin PC with touch screen in the locker room or athlete hang out area for sign in.

This wouldn't be for athlete registration at the gym, or score entries. Just sign in. Ideally It would auto refresh and based on time of day and scheduled classes, it would expire the touch on registration (programmable by gym themselves) to say 10 minutes after the class has started and then show the next class start.

However a user can click any class that day and sign in (apart from where Wodify rules disallow)

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ian McGinley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Frank Foehrenbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for posting this idea Ian. Glad to hear it is coming. I have been pushing for this as part of a bigger idea. The two monitors with keyboard and mouse are a real bottleneck especially when one class is ending and the next class is beginning. I created a suggestion (link below) that there be an Affiliate Wodify app for iPad kiosks that could be mounted at various locations throughout the gym. The two monitors with keyboard and mouse are for the coaches. The iPad kiosks are for the athletes. The main menu on the iPad interface should be 1. Check-in 2. Record Results 3. Self Checkout. The interface needs to be part of the Wodify app if you want to be able to use the iPad credit card swiper. I suppose if you had an HP Slate that probably has a USB and you could use the USB swiper and a web browser, but the iPad swiper will not work with Safari.

http://help.wodify.com/forums/196773-ideas/suggestions/6246158-separate-ipad-app-for-affiliates

• Ian McGinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Okay, I have to ask, how can we get a private preview or information on the redesign of coach board. We are going to start engaging with commercial/industrial interior designers to make a v2.0 of our box this year and knowing how things are going to work from an HCI point of view will influence floorplan layout/workflow.

If this isn't possible can we even get an estimate of 'when' this may be available to the Wodify users?

• Ian McGinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should work on either ipad/android but also windows/linux systems where touch screen can be supported for mouse clicks. eg: work with any HTML5 compliant browser. Use of a chrome box and a 22" touch screen 1080P monitor could be created for AU$500 (similar price to a new iPad, but you get a 22" screen vs a 10").

Feedback and Knowledge Base