How can we build better software for you?

Add monthly sales to an athlete's account to avoid processing fees

Option to add merch/supplements/etc to an athlete's account so they are billed once a month along with membership instead of having to pay so many transaction fees with POS.
Ex: Joe's membership is $100, and he bought 5 cans of FitAid ($15) this month. He would be drafted $115 on his next membership due date.

197 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jess c shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jared Kissinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still curious if this has been addressed? Has the 5 most votes for how to make the software better and the "coming year" is almost over (admin posted in August 2017, 16 months ago...).

• Jared Kissinger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any update to this idea? I recently demoed Triib and they offer this feature. This would be huge for our box to help save in transaction/batch fees as well as most likely increase our merchandise sales with this option.

• Ryan McDuffie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the same idea I was about to post. We get hammered in merchant fees on a monthly basis due to all of the $3 Kill Cliff etc sales we have on a daily basis. We recently changed to a punch card system for all drinks/bars that is $30 to help save costs, but this idea MUST happen. It is so much work for our coaches to pull up their punch cards and make sure they have enough punches left. PLEASE add this feature quickly. The other upcoming releases are really nice and very attractive, but something like this would make our jobs so much easier today!

• debbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE do this!! I handle the financial end for two of our gyms. One uses Triib and the other Wodify. I prefer Wodify however the owner is sold on Triib's POS feature and the ability to add all sales to their monthly billing date. Thus saving lots of fees on our end. Please consider doing this ASAP. THANKS!

• Joel Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on when this feature will be available? I am interested in switching to Wodify payments powered by stripe, but based on the per transaction cost, this is the only option that would make sense for POS transactions. 1 invoice a month that can be added to throughout the month. Please make this happen!

• HEATHER KIDDOO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES. I was just going to post this and found it on the thread. Everytime a FITAID is charged we have to pay a .25 transaction fee. this gets really expensive

• Jaime Almanza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful and clutter-freeing to be able to merge (or group) invoices of a same athlete. For example we create invoices when our members ask to pay for something later and sometimes the default "this month" "unpaid" view in the financial tab makes us having several invoices of little items like water or recovery drinks. I think this could be solved by adding those items to the next month's membership invoice (as another idea says) but I wasn't sure.

• Matthew Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why isn't there any updates? Does Wodify realize that gym owners are getting pretty peeved off? Example..from the Facebook private group page, everyone is thinking about switching to a new system!

• Matthew Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please consider adding a function where you can consolidate all retail sales to the monthly membership payments once a month. Every other system has this capability but Wodify? The credit system isn't popular with my members.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to set up athletes to charge items to a "tab" and auto charge tab at end of month

• Gordon White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really like the first idea here. Instead of either charging a customers card for a $3 FitAid, or trying to work out the store credit thing...the self-service feature should be able to just bill the drink to their account. At the normal billing interval, any drinks or shirts would be added to the monthly bill.

Kind of like staying at a nice hotel where the bar lets you charge to your room number.

We will probably stick to paper and pen until this is worked out.

• Frank Foehrenbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The answer is not to force your athletes to buy credit. It is an inhibitor to making a purchase and it complicates accounting. I answer is for Wodify to fix this feature or depending on your perspective add a new option to charge the athlete once a month or if they reach a threshold that you can specify. So if they reach $24 in purchases, go ahead and run the charge. If they only buy 1 FitAid for $3, wait until the end of the month.

The other issue with the Self-Service Point-of-Sale is that most athletes do not know their password. Wodify assigns users a random password and does not force them to change their password. They enter it once into their iPhone or computer and it is saved for them, but they do not remember it. They are not able to check themselves out if they do not know their password. On top of this, Wodify does not prompt the user for their PIN prior to entering the SS POS so they add all these items to their cart and THEN realize they cannot check out because they do not know their password and have not set a PIN yet. And in addition, Wodify displays the last four digits of the credit card on file for any user searched on prior to prompting for a password or PIN. This is a major issue.

For these two reasons alone, I suspect that 90% of the gyms using Wodify do not use the Self-Service Point-of-Sale feature and still use a clipboard. I would hope Wodify has a statistic on how many gyms use the SS POS on a regular basis.

I would also like to see Wodify enable this on the end-user smart phone apps. If they are logged in with their userid and password on the app on their phone, they should be able to check themselves out on their phone. They should not have to enter their name nor their password since they will be logged into the app with their userid and password.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you PLEASE add a "tab" feature for my members to have for a week or a month. The $.30 charge for credit cards is killing me on small purchases. I know you can buy credits but i have not had anyone use that yet.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base