How can we build better software for you?

Referral Program

As far as advertising goes, referrals always seem to be best. It would be great if Wodify could incorporate some sort of referral program. If anyone has ideas please post them.

One thing I hear a lot of is discounting a membership based on how many members the athlete refers that sign up. For example. Lets say I pay $140 per month. For every member that I get to sign up I get $5 deducted from my membership each month the athlete is a member. If they leave the $5 is removed as a discount. Not only does this encourage athletes to refer members it encourages them to keep on them to make sure they are getting what they came hear to get.

Of course this idea can also work with percentages, one time kick backs, etc...

46 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jake Maslin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CrossFit PHX commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think an automated referral system would be a huge addition to the platform.

Specifically, we offer new member referrals $50 off their first month, and the referring member $50 off their next month when their referral signs up.

If there was a way to automate this process within Wodify, rather than manually track it and risk referral bonuses falling through the cracks, it would be a huge advantage to our systems and processes.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

- Mycal Anders, MS, CSCS
    CrossFit PHX

• Joe Porretta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does Wodify have plans to design a Client Loyalty & Rewards Program? There are some companies out there like Referrizer that have something in place but it doesn't link or communicate with Wodify. They currently work with Mind Body. They have a tracking feature for when clients check in, but right now it would require our clients to download 2 different apps and we would have to manually enter clients in both systems. We already have to do that for our texting platform and it would be nice if everything was all in one place. Have you heard of Referrizer and any plans to do?

• Jake Maslin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I posted this idea a couple years ago and haven't seen much action. I think most boxes would agree that a majority of their memberships come from referrals. In fact we have gone the last 3 years without any deals or promotions and we continue to grow just off of referrals alone. It would really be nice to reward members to encourage more of this. I think this is a big piece of the puzzle that Wodify needs to put into action to help boxes grow their business. Referral athletes also have a much higher retention rate than those who come in on discounts and promotions!

• shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow input of referral credit or at least a generic credit that will automatically come off of their next membership invoice. Currently, we have to generate the next membership, stop the auto renew of the existing membership and then go into the new invoice to modify the price. Or, we can add a store credit, but it won't automatically be used, so we have to change the payment method to cash and then wait for the payment to be due in order to ensure the store credit is utilized.

• Jake Maslin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was reading through a lot of the comments and feedback for a referral program and I just wanted the video regarding Wodifys current ability to reward referrals.

With Wodifys current method it seems to take a lot of work to go in and set up a new membership plan. It seems that most gyms reward athletes in a couple different ways. They offer reward dollars or free month/s depending on the referrals.

A solution to all of these I think would be this: If an athlete referrers a member, that member would then put who referred them in their profile when signing up. The system would then automatically apply the discount set by the affiliate to the referring members next months bill. For example:

If I referred Jo, Jo would put my name in the "referring athlete" box when he signs up. Wodify would then automatically apply that discount to my next months bill depending on the discount the affiliate set up. I would think referring dollars would work the best with the option to set them up for recurring months.

Here are some options:

1. You reward each athlete who referees someone X dollars off their next months bill.
    2. You reward each athlete who referees someone X dollars off their next bill and each month after as long as that athlete is a member. For example: I refer an athlete and the affiliate rewards me with $20 off each month that athlete is active. I refer another athlete and now I get another $20 off my membership... and so on. If someone I referred cancels, I would lose $20 off my membership dues and so on... Having this ability would save the affiliate a lot of time sense they woulndn't have to go in and set up a new membership every time an athlete referred someone and with option (2), athletes would be more inclined to make sure their friends stick with it so they can continue to get their discount, potentially leading up to a free membership if they refer and keep enough of their referrals. Then those referrals do the same and so on and so on. This could exponentially expand the affiliates membership base!!

• johnny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea and something we were asking about when deciding whether to convert to Wodify or not. Other reasons brought us but this is huge in growing a business. Referrals account for around half of our business and referred clients last longer typically. This should be a priority in my opinion.

Feedback and Knowledge Base