How can we build better software for you?

Deactivating an athlete check box option when setting up memberships

It would be nice to have the ability to select an option to automatically deactivate an athlete in a member plan.

For example, if someone purchases a 3 month membership that is not set to auto renew, you could check a box that would automatically deactivate it when those 3 months are up.

This would make things easier as members now have the ability to purchase their memberships.

Right now the only option is to go into a plan and stop the auto renew so you have the option of deactivating the athlete.

88 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jake Maslin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • bonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When creating a membership without auto-renewal, it would be nice to be able to choose to deactivate them when the membership expires, instead of having to run a report for members w/o memberships and then manually deactivating or setting the membership to auto-renew and then going back in, choosing to stop auto renew and selecting to deactivate upon expiration.

• Shane Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank god you're adding this. And if you can add it sooner than 2017 it would be a huge bonus. If someone tells me they're leaving at a certain future date, in 20 seconds I could go in and set the membership deactivation date, with a tick box to deactivate the athlete (like exists for stopping auto-renews currently). As it stands now, if I want them to continue to have access until their membership deactivation date, I have to just let it run, and set up an admin task to go in on the specific date to deactivate everything. This is a pain ********** because if that date is a weekend or something, then admin wouldn't have got to it until Monday, and often the member was billed, and we had to then refund.

Having to set an admin task to do this when sometimes it wouldn't even work, we just said ***** it and I let them run until the person calls me and tells me their CC was billed again and then I renew and cancel on the spot.

It's pretty ****** but until you add this functionality, it's all we can really do.

• Scott Brewer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I feel admin should be able to set a deactivate date for future deactivation. Athletes should not be able to access this but the admin should have the power. Our box has a 3 month commitment on a 1 year contract and anytime after that commitment is met there is no charge for cancelling. As a GM I y calendar is maxed and I would rather not set dates for deactivating an athlete on my personal calendar. athletes move, get divorced, get deployed and a ton of other reasons for an early deactivate. With all of the great changes lately I feel this should be an easy fix.

• dani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nope, our members pay for their final month at the start of their membership so their final auto payment date 60 days from their deactivation date.

For example: If today is 10/15 and John Doe's next billing date is 10/20, the 60 days notice will go into effect and the final auto-payment will be charged on 10/20. The deposit paid at the start of John's membership will be applied to his last month, 11/20-12/20. His membership will be active until 12/20.

Right now there is currently not a way for me to set the deactivation date. I have to add a reminder to my calendar for that date to go in and manually deactivate.

Let me know if this does not make sense. Thanks!

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yesssssssss! I run month to month memberships but allow holds and cancellations with a 30 day notice. I would like members to be able to set holds/cancellations on their own so the computer can calculate the 30 days out from the date of the request as well as the final amount they will be billed for coming for a partial month.

Example: Suzie is moving away on October 1st. On September 24th, she tries to cancel her membership starting on October 1st. The computer says "the earliest date you may cancel is October 24th, therefore, your membership will be active until that date and you will be charged $___ as your final bill."

Example 2: Bill is going on vacation 30 days from today (next month), he will be gone for more than 10 days (the minimum time allowed for holds). He is able to add a membership hold and receive a discounted rate for the month that he will be gone. It will also block him from coming during that time. He will resume normal membership the following month.

• Martha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great addition. For example, if a member has a 3 class per week membership, but then wants to upgrade to a 5 class per week membership before the expiration of the 3 class, it would be a great feature to enter in a stop or delete date for the first membership. There are also times in which you need to cancel memberships at a date before its expiration for a variety of reasons, member moving out of town, etc.

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. If someone tells me in November they are moving on December 10th and their contract isn't up until February, I currently have to tell them to remind me on their last day or I must set a reminder for that date.

• Kristie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would appreciate having the ability to schedule a future cancellation date for a membership. Currently the only option is to decativate the membership immediately, preventing the athlete to sign in, or the "stop autorenew" feature, which can only stop a membership from renewing past its expiration date. All of our memberships are set up as one-year, autorenewing agreements, but cancelable at any time with 30 days notice. When an athlete gives me their 30-day notice, I would like the ability to go ahead and schedule their membership/account for deactivation and stop payments on that future date. For example, a military member just told me that he is deploying in August. I would like to be able to immediately schedule his membership to be canceled and his account deactivated on August 15th. Thank you!

Feedback and Knowledge Base