How can we build better software for you?

Automatic Class Cancellation enhancement.

Enhance the Automatic Class Cancellation feature to include a minimum number of registrants required to hold class.
No one wants to coach a class of 1!

33 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jarroddodson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In principle I aggree to you Sean. I would also be annoyed of last minute cancellations. Nevertheless you should give box owners at least the possiblity to have such an option. The function can be made more costumer friendly with the addition of early warning messages that a booked class might be cancelled if nobody will register within the next 2-3 or whatsover hrs. Furthermore it could contain the information which alternative classes still have open spots so that the member is getting an opprtunity offered to train.

• Stephen Carrigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have this option as well. We would like to add a 5 am and wouldn't want a coach to show up to a class and not have anyone attend.

For example: Let's say I am wanting to implement a 5 am class and require at least 2 athletes to be in attendance in order to hold the class. I would like to post the Wod at 8 pm the night before and close reservations for the 5 am on the following morning at 9 pm that night to allow my coaches adequate time to prepare whether or not they should show up at 5 or 6 am. I would also like to have this feature for other classes (noon).

I understand that I am able to create the reservation window (class max attendance) for all classes but I wouldn't want to require folks to reserve the night before if they are planning on coming to an evening class.

Thank you for your consideration,

Stephen Carrigan
    CrossFit Mechanix

• Larry Crooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This expectation can be managed with members. We don't keep classes on the schedule that don't meet X min average attendance. We don't hold classes for 1 person. When you explain it right, people understand.

• Coach Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's the general problem I experience off and on...it's not all the time but does happen.

445pm Maxed-out class ... meaning, 10 people doing the CF Wod in the actual class. Then, sometimes we get a few folks that are doing only mobility/recovery and maybe one guy doing an Olympic WL program. So 13 people total in the box plus a coach at 445pm. Then 6pm rolls around...

6pm 1 person plus a coach.

So as it stand the only way I can shift when people come is to change how many people can Reserve a spot to come at 445pm? Instead, I would need to change the class limit to something like 7 for that day?

It would just seem simpler to cancel the 6pm if only 1 person wants to come then. The energy is completely different going from a 10 person class to a 1 person class.

Just wanted to share.

• Martin Lodin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah we would also really want this future! We do it "manually" now and it´s time/energy consuming. Our members can always come in and do a own WOD if they like to.

We have a 4 members minimum as for now.

Best regards,

Martin Lodin
    Fit4Fight Gym

Feedback and Knowledge Base