How can we build better software for you?

Photo & Video Share Option

It would be great if there was a place to add a video, or picture of a lift, or movement taken during class. For example, if I'm on my phone logging in my sets reps and weights for a 1 rep max front squat, there could be a place to upload a photo, or video of the movement. That way, when the box looks at the leaderboard and see that someone hit a certain weight, they could click on the phot, or video, watch it, and maybe even and option to like it and share it on various social media outlets. This could be huge for community motivation, and for box promotion. I mean heck, we're all sharing our PR videos anyway. Might as well get in on the action.

40 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Octavius A. Newman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason Pratt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Include the ability to attach the video or picture to a workout. For instance, if I made a video of a 2 rep front squat, when I enter my weight for the WOD, I could attach the video as well. That way when I look back at past performance, I can view the videos attached to a specific day's performance.

• Andy Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to add to this suggestion, include an add-on app that the trainer can use with their personal phone to capture videos directly into a member's account. There should be options to link it to the day's WOD and also keep filed by movement. Adding analysis features similar to Coaches Eye and a place to comment would be great. Using 3rd party apps to capture videos and then upload them would work but not be as easy as a portal straight into Wodify.

The video should by default be private and only viewable by the trainer and member but they could have the option to share it if they want.

• StormKing CrossFit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea Christopher. Wodify would not have to eat the additional storage cost for hosting photos if they allowed image urls to be posted and displayed within the WOD section. If this was doable, I would add a section when you first start creating a new WOD for a redirected image url. Ideally if the Box put an image in there to be posted it would nice if this superseded the WOD image that the user has on file to typically post.

• Christopher Wyant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add that when creating an add, have an option to upload a photo when creating a WOD that will also feed into Facebook and or blog posting. I know there is an issue with server size, but maybe just have a link portion where we have the image hosted on another site.

Feedback and Knowledge Base