How can we build better software for you?

Detailed Sales Tax Report

Detailed tax report. With the new retail features we need a report with detailed information for sales tax in order to properly enter the data into our accounting system.

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
michael denicola shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Karen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be beneficial to have a more detailed tax and sales report combined. Would it be possible to make and addition to the current report "Revenue by Revenue Category" - add a column (line item) for the tax that is collected and one for the total charged for each Revenue Category that the athlete is charged for membership sales and retail sales. We have two different tax rates we are required by our state to report separately - depending on the item (revenue category) sold.

• Charlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In AZ, we need total taxable and total tax collected. Right now I have to manually add up the total and subtract nontaxable revenue.

• Marina Oberndorf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IN Canada (BC) we have 2 sales taxes GST and PST. GST 5% is collected on membership as well as retail but PST 7 % is only collected on retail NOT membership. WE have to report and file each separately so if the set up could allow for 2 different taxs and then the reports could show both GST and PST that would be great.

• StanleyLanglow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I think a more detailed tax summary report would be very beneficial. Currently the report is just broken down into "membership taxes" and "other taxes". What i would like to see instead of just "other taxes" is "taxes by revenue category" (individual columns for each category). More details makes my accounting practices a little easier.

• MIchael Denicola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me It would be nice to have a report that showed all the transaction with the amount of what we sold, the amount of sales tax charged and the total. Kind of like what we see on the invoice. I dont need the details of each item on the invoice but I need to know total of all of all products purchased and what the sales tax was. I usually enter my accounting on a monthly basis so it would be easy if I could run a report like the transaction history report but separated the sales tax charges.

Feedback and Knowledge Base