How can we build better software for you?

Ability to Add Multiple Weightlifting Sets At Once

The ability to add, for example, 5 sets of 5 Back Squats at once instead of every set individually would save us an immense amount of time when entering weightlifting WODs.

A drop town or text box such as:

Back Squat ___ Sets of ___
OR
Back Squat ___ Sets of ___ (checkbox for varying reps), then ___, ___, etc.

127 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
CrossFit925 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here we are 13 days away from 2019, and I still can't log multiple weights when I have varying reps in my sets. Last response here is from 2017, saying it would be here in "early 2018." Two different roadmap and update emails from Wodify now have gone out in 2018 (1/4 & 10/1) and there hasn't been any mention of it.

• Greg Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Melissa, your previous answer said you were hoping to implement it by "early 2018," but I did not see this feature mentioned in the January 4 email (subject: "The Best is Yet to Come.") It was nowhere to be seen under the 2018 roadmap. Is this something still considered likely to come out later this year?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely ridiculous that this hasn't happened yet. Will strongly consider looking into another option if not remedied

• Tony Seamans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a feature added to the menus in skill or weightlifting movements that allows you to input multiple sets and reps and weights without having to go in and manually add performances to get all your information recorded. If it was already a drop down or a button that asked if we did another set then had it pop up to input the info that would be great. If I program 3 sets of max Strict pull Ups as it is currently they would have to put all three at the same reps or only input one set of it was the largest set. I would like more ability to record more info for our athletes so they are able to see the progress and have this information stored.

• tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IN WOD BUILDER:
    Any Weightlifting or EMOM with increasing loads, should have the option to add all loads u used during EMOM or WEIGHTlifting so you can record all loads lifted, and total load lifted.

IN METCONS: You should be able to record different loads lifted in scoring, if a modification is used. Simply recording in comments does not record total loads lifted. Its no better than a whiteboard. Data is not utilized or truly recorded in comments.

• jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. Only having the ability to record 1 set is a major drawback in workout tracking.

• CrossFit925 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Eric,

My suggestion would be to focus on the working sets for now. Warm-Up sets don't usually (I don't at least) get recorded. Being able to utilize the "number of rounds" functionality has helped, but it doesn't let us use that to record the number of reps in each set and save that to performance history. Also, creating the functionality in the background where the system will multiply the weight by the number of sets and get a "total load moved" number (otherwise known as volume) would be very helpful

• AdminMelissa K (Product Manager, Wodify) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is still something we'd like to do. In the meantime if anyone has any specific details about how you'd like to see it implemented in the larger scheme of things (how the data should be extrapolated, how a warmup set should be differentiated from a working set, how to determine which set should be used to estimate 1RM, etc) that would be great. Additionally if there are any other pieces of software you have as an example that would be great as well. I've yet to see a piece of software that does this well and adds value rather than just adding clicks. When we do it we want to make sure it's done right!

• jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I would echo the comment below that is an absolute must have for proper tracking. The current situation is very poor.

Ability to record each individual set of weights lifted. for instance
    Back Squat
    60kg x 10
    80kg x 8
    100kg x 6
    120kg x 4
    120kg x 4
    120kg x 4

And have 1rm based on this

For instance for 3 x 5 scheme - 125, 135, 145 instead of only being able to enter one weight.

It would help to have a calculated volume figure.

• emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ABSOLUTELY needs to happen. I can't stress this enough. When it comes to accurately tracking an athlete's performance, we need it to be just that... accurate. The work arounds are clunky and cluttered (requiring have 14 different lifts listed on the coachboard, etc) and it's a basic functionality that is missing in my humble opinion. PLEASE put this in the immediate pipeline!!

• Ian McGinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use "Add Performance" to add the other sets. Or really the top set is the only one 'useful' to creating your 1RM estimated performance, and the top set of the same rep scheme is the only one worth tracking as a PR.

So you can either track them all with "Add Performance" for each weight, or track the top weight at the set/rep scheme and add the others into the notes for reference but not tracking.

• alexwmsjr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like that. That way you can enter x amount of sets and log in an individual weight for each set.

• jenniferhudy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the performance card, would be neat to have an option to "add performance" right for the movement that you are looking at. For example, I wanted to see what I last logged on my BSq and then add today's performance to it.
    Also would be useful when adding performance to do multiple lines at once; for example if I am doing an increasing set, to add each set on one screen rather than adding reps one at a time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base