How can we build better software for you?

InterBox Leader Boards

City and Region based results between affiliates who are using Wodify. A leaderboard that can include other gym results too.

169 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I travel, have the ability to switch whiteboards to see my scores at other locations.

• jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the OP on the idea, I'm revisiting this because of recent events at our former box. Cactus CrossFit closed its doors on the 9th of July, 2016 after 8 years. It was one of the oldest boxes in Phoenix, but the time came to an end.

Our community is solid, but not completely elastic on pricing, and since we all have an opportunity to join other boxes, everyone is now considering price, location, etc., and inevitably our community will scatter and find themselves in different places.

So...here's how I envision this working:

Whether or not results are co-mingled with other gyms on the white board would be a user based feature. Users could opt to display, only when they are logged in, the results at a USER level (meaning they could choose a single athlete at another gym to show up on their leaderboard,) a box level (where they could select [all] users at a particular box to be displayed,) or they could do a map radius.

At any given time, the admin for the box's wodify account could set the leaderboard at the gym to display all resulting leaderboard data for a given group of athletes, or group of boxes (would be ad hoc for a weekend competition, or something of that nature). All other times, the main login for the gym would only display that gym's members, while still giving each member at the box the ability to set their own display preferences.

At this point, I would love to be able to choose from a global directory based upon the boxes that I choose, those athletes that I want to remain in friendly competition with.

I understand that the daily WOD leaderboard would differ because of programming differences.

• rudytrev422 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Periodic workouts programmed by Wodify set for a specific day then have a Wodify wide leaderboard posted.

• rudy.kulas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to compare my performance (both lifts and metcons) with others on wodify (within my box, even those outside my box---as I know many of my crossfit friends use wodify at their box, and maybe even top crossfitter scores)

• Chad Dunlap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this would be nice to add, maybe the ability to add these athletes to the mobile or the profile on your website and visible in the app (another menu maybe). I drop into a lot of boxes (I travel for work) and have made friends all over that I would like to keep an eye on. There really isn't a need for this feature to be viewede by everyone at the box, I would think it would be a specific set of people that each athlete would configure their wodify for, you might also be able to cap the number of people an athlete could add. I am rambling now...

• tierra_duncan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Have a larger pool of stats for some of the basic workouts, such as the 'girl' wods, 'hero' wods, and basic lifts. This way members can more accurately assess their performance
    - Create a better search function instead of having the drop down menu for members to access their past performances and current numbers

Benchmark comparison of yourself to other people who use wodify. With all this data from all the individuals, can add functionality similar to beyond the whiteboard.

Compare results globally - allow athletes to compare, for instance, their Fran time with other athletes of similar age, etc...that are Wodify users at other gyms.

• Mark Hanke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an excellent idea. I used Beyond the Whiteboard previously and always used this feature to target the 90% for any WOD. Made a big difference towards pushing me...

• darrensimmie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) Would like to see comparison to other people outside our own box. Something showing my weakness.
    2) National divisions - masters, etc.
    3) Maybe a workout from time to time, everyone on wodify could try it and be ranked by division- just for fun.

• Frank Foehrenbach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be cool to be able to compare yourself with others in your demographic too. 20 - 25 yr old males, 30 - 40 yr old females, 70+ males., etc.

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is an excellent idea. I have friends who Crossfit in other cities nearby as well as in other states. We would love to be able to share and compare our results, nutrition, etc... Please implement this feature.

As for David's disagreement with this feature, it actually makes no sense. Why does he care if this optional feature is built into the system if it doesn't impact him directly? How can sharing results with friends break apart or weaken his box's community? Suggesting that everyone can see each other's scores at the OPEN is absurd as most Crossfitters don't even compete in the OPEN. Lastly, to suggest that Wodify is not the place to share scores is ridiculous - it's the BEST place to share scores.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't like this idea. We like that the Wodify is exclusive to only our box. It has done a good job at building community within our box. CrossFit HQ already does an excellent job at creating community throughout the whole WORLD. Wodify has helped to build a close nit community in our box. If you want to see what someone else is doing that is fine but I don't think Wodify is the place for it. You can see their scores when the OPEN rolls around!

• Jon Ringer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have friends that use wodify at their box as well, and we like to compare performance on workouts. I would love to be able to add them to my dashboard view somehow so I can click in and view their performance just like I can view my own.

Feedback and Knowledge Base