How can we build better software for you?

change gymnastics format

I'd like a way to program gymnastics without having a measure, or going for a set number of reps.

All gymnastics movements currently default to max reps. I'd like to program a set of 10 pistol squats as a test without recording a result. I'd like athletes to make notes on it, but not go for "max reps".

I prefer the format used for weightlifting or metcons.

75 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew Essig shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IS this going ahead? We are nearly midway through 2018 and still the same, Needs to have options for say 3x12 pullups instead of max AND the ability to add weight. Even better would be this format
    where the athlete can pick all in ONE score entry
    Strict or kipping -
    Weight added - Kg/Lbs
    Sets / reps -

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Functionality to program a time domain and also a specific rep range for Gymnastics components, not only "max reps".

• Dafina Ibrani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello! It would be really useful if, when creating a new gymnastic component, you had an option for adding a weight or height for weighted gymnastic movements and deficit heights! Thanks!

• CrossFitASG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gymnastics Component:

Can we have complete control over how gymnastic elements are scored:

Not just max reps

We'd like to test max effort handstand holds, over multiple rounds.

id also like to prescribe 5 sets of 5 reps and add kg for weighted pull-ups for instance

thanks.

• stef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi I sent this request almost 7 months ago...
    My gym has since cancelled wodify and uses another provider now.
    However if you would like some feedback I suggest allowing people to have their own profile independent of an affiliate (and e.g. charging $5 per month as beyond the whiteboard do)
    At my gym, most members who lost their wodify profile and statistics during the changeover have not bothered starting up a new logbook with the new provider as it was so disappointing to loose everything and too time consuming to backlog 1-2 years worth of workouts manually.
    From an athletes point of view (I can't comment from an affiliate owners point of view) Wodify is the best app for logging results however it is not accessible.

• Blake Hoopes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An example would be with all gymnastic movements there isn't the ability to program sets and reps. Say 3x10 pull ups. Only max reps is allowed. And if you pick say 3 rounds of max reps it only records the total. Not each individual round. Everytime you practice a gymnastic movement it's not for max reps, and many times knowing what you got each round is important.

• Tom Tomlo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we make the gymnastic components have more options to record data besides sets/reps?
    for example if we do max effort in 3min. pull-ups etc.?

also for things like "400m run" can we program multiple sets instead of max effort?

Thank you!

• jeremyscheer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It drives me crazy that with gymnastics you can't change the way you measure the movement. Chinese planks, the only measurement is reps. I want time

• Larris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Should be able to add for time, reps, etc when adding a custom movement to gymnastics and weightliftng. More broadly, should be able to customize completely depending on what makes sense to the affiliate.

• Bobby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea, we are currently doing Box Jumps for Height in LBS because there are no inches available.

• sgshir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we do a WOD LIKE A max height box jump or max distance Medball throw, we need the ability to enter the score in whatever unit of measure we choose. I don't understand the need for a default unit of measure. Get rid of it. We also need the ability to enter scores with a decimal place to accurately record smaller distances.

Feedback and Knowledge Base