How can we build better software for you?

Provide the ability to import performance stats from a text file. (.csv, .xml, .xls, etc)

Many of us have large amounts of data going back months to years. It would be great to have the ability to import the records from a text file into the system. This can be done using an xml, csv or excel template file.

106 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tony Dean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there an update on this? I'd like to be able to import my BTWB csv data into Wodify

• Les Pane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you maybe give a bit more information that "it's apples to oranges?" SugarWod exports as a csv, which is a pretty standard database output. Wodify logs and stores workouts in a database. It might be a case of Granny Smiths to Red Delicious, but it can't be that far apart.

• stef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

also need to be able to import data back in from the same exported files.

Wodify needs the ability to import data, specifically workout history, from other sources such as Beyond the Whiteboard. I have years of data their and would like to import it into Wodify since my box recently switched to this tool.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm adding my voice and votes to this idea. Our box has recently transitioned from BTW to Wodify and everyone would love the ability to bulk import their previous hard-won results into your amazing system.... any movement on this??!?!?!

I was using an app on my phone before my gym started using Wodify, I have a lot of lifting data to import, and doing it manually is a real pain!!! There needs to be a bulk upload option.

You could even develop a spreadsheet that cleans source data to match things like lift name etc.

This should not be hard to implement!!!

Hello, has the ability to import data from a .csv file been resolved? It looks like the issue was first raised in 2013, but is still being discussed...?

• Jayson Pitkofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry I was not more clear. Ariel and mccambell are great examples of why we need that. I gave you a box to box example because I'm lucky enough to have 2 boxes. But mccambell really hit a home run with is the performance data mine? I'm thinking as a box owner, I should own all my athletes data. If I want to move to another vendor or just pull data for an Access Database or create any sort of dashboards using many tools out there. Wodify can extract data, but can you make it available to the user base or admin side of the app for other types of usage.

• mccampbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually @Sean, I don't know if this is what you meant to say, but the way i'm reading this response is that my performance data isn't mine. Is that what you meant?

• mccampbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My whole gym moved from BTWB to Wodify and we all lost the performance history there because there's no way to import in Wodify.

• Ariel Sandoval commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The benefit is to be able to bring in data from other sources such as beyond the white board.

• Jayson Pitkofsky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There must be a way to extract data to allow athletes to move to other boxes. Right now, Support can do this, but giving it to the Admin would be of benefit. This would also always boxes to use other reporting tools to create reports.

• Gully Burns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be even better if there was an open standard <XML> schema for workouts that the community could adopt. The CSV downloads from sites like Beyond the Whiteboard aren't structured enough to port to another database without some serious hacking.

This is something I'd be wiling to work on.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please this! I have lots of great data sitting in a CSV from Beyond the Whiteboard. I would love the ability to import this data.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would agree as I have a lot of data from beyond the whiteboard, excel, etc. Did you get a response on this? I know of many others from my box that have been on BTWB.

Feedback and Knowledge Base