How can we build better software for you?

Wordpress Integration Improvement:

Wodify does not publish to Wordpress the way we'd like it to. When a wod is published from Wodify, there is only 1 blog category tag option and we have no customization of how the wod post looks. In an effort to make our lives easier, have one less thing to worry about daily, and answer the requests and concerns from our members about missing workout posts… we would need Wodify to automatically categorize blog posts based on the program it's under.

For instance, we have 5 main programs in Wodify: Level 1, Level 2, CF Women, OPS (olympic lifting), and Competition Club.
Each of these have different workouts every day (or week) and different blog categories on Wordpress.
Right now our only option is to tag each post as "Unassigned" or "Blog." So each morning we find ourselves manually categorizing and customizing each Wodify post (at least 3-4 daily) to it's appropriate category.

I understand we're a little ahead of the curve here and and a project like this might not seem important right now to Wodify, but as CrossFit gyms get bigger and bigger and websites go from simple blogs to content management systems like ours… I can see this customization being very important for enabling Box owners who want to offer more than 1 "one size fits all" WOD.

I'm creating the possibility of altering the Wordpress integration to be able to distinguish the Wordpress category tag based on the Wodify program. i.e. Level 1 wod posts get categorized in Level 1 Blog…. CrossFit Women wods get categorized in CF Women Blog… automatically.

43 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Spencer Wyckoff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Eric Niconovich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To the Anonymous poster asking about the proper API to use with WordPress,

There are two API's that are being used with Wodify's WOD posting.

The first one is the one used when you select "Enable Wordpress Integration?" under the Admin Menu -> Setup -> Web Integration and you add your url, username, and password. This one uses WordPress's xmlrpc API and all you should have to do on WordPress's end is select what category new posts should go into by default and then select a spot on your site to display recent posts. This method should be all you need if you are using a WordPress site. However, I do not know if this is exclusive to WordPress sites running on WordPress's hosts or if it can be used on all WordPress instances. I am having trouble getting the username and password to work with this method and so I am working with method 2 to pull the WOD information with the Wodify API (Mentioned below) and then insert this into the database in the proper table for posting.

The second API that can be used is Wodify's API. This is where in the Admin Menu -> Setup -> Web Integration it says Other Blog and you can click to get an API Key. This method is much more difficult to use even though its documented on Wodify's site.

So, Anonymous poster, the link that Sean Book posted is the link for the Wodify API, not the WordPress embedded settings.

The second method mentioned will allow for what Spencer Wyckoff was asking for.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sean,

Can you give me a link to the proper API to use with WordPress to customize the WOD post output?

Thanks,

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our wod is going into the correct category but I would like the option to add tags to workouts. I'd like to manually enter tags for each wod that would carry over to Wordpress.

Feedback and Knowledge Base