How can we build better software for you?

Options for scaled WODS

A check box for Rx, scaled 1, and scaled 2. If for example I program "grace" I want everyone to feel included. This would help! Rx:135, Scaled 1:115, Scaled 2: 95. This would be much more convenient than an Rx+

721 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jacob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Yes - 2017  ·  AdminMelissa K (Product Manager, Wodify) responded  · 

We will definitely look to address the concept of differentiating between scaling options rather than just an overall ‘scaled’. Unfortunately for many workouts there are multiple variations for scaling each movement (ie instead of pullups they did ring rows, or used a green band, or a red band, etc)… or they did the pullups Rx and scaled the weight or movement.

Ultimately for many workouts it adds more complexity for the athletes. That being said, we are making changes to the performance tracking side in the near future and they may touch on this topic.

54 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Tefft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about a Rx for us Masters. We are a fast growing group in CrossFit and would like our recognition for doing Rx.

• Diana Nehl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like an option for scaled catagory not just Rx so members can see progress in their own scaled version. Gold stars are only given with Rx our members would like a gold star with a scaled option

• james commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We give our clients RX for male and female and an health option for those not seeking to push heavier weights. Is there an option to look at ranking and collecting scores on the whiteboard in a better way based on weights lifted not just time?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One thing many of our Gym members are interested in is a option to check intermediate, scaled, or modified, workouts as opposed to just RX and RX plus. The issue is that many people can't do the RX but there are many different ways to modify a work out. For example if I modify 35 squat cleans at 95 pounds down to 85 pounds and someone else does 65 pounds but they do it faster than me, on Wodify, it looks like they have a better time than me which is not accurate. Just because we can't always do the RX work out doesn't mean we're not competitive with A modified work out. We still want to know where we stand among our peers. Maybe a drop-down option? Anything would be great.

• Mary Boehler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could Wodify add an assigned scaled option? For example, our box has Rx+, Rx'd, Intermediate, and scaled. "Intermediate" has assigned weights, movements, etc. If Wodify could add "Intermediate" (or different wording but something similar) for athletes to choose, similar to Rx+, the Whiteboard would be more accurate as members choosing the "Intermediate" option could compare scores to each other. This should be easy for Wodify to implement--boxes would be free to choose it (or not, just as with Rx+) and these athletes would show up beneath Rx'd on the Whiteboard but could still compare to each other. Thank you!

Hi

As you have a RX+ button it would be great to have a S1 and S2 for two scaled options in the WOD

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see an option for coaches to score WODs on the whiteboard. Right now athletes are ranked by measure in either Rx or Scaled version of the WOD. We frequently have athletes who scale various ways and are disappointed to see their names at the bottom of the whiteboard because somebody else just scaled excessively. It would be a great option if coaches could go in and adjust rankings on the whiteboard based on level of scaling.

• Ian McGinley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Eric, for example this is how we are doing it....

http://i.imgur.com/iSyeQR4.png

However what this leads to is only one metcon scoring result, and then having to use the notes fields, and all Rx's being mixed up together.

Systematically, i'd like to see 'x' number of levels definable by an affiliate, and then the flexibility to give them name which suit your affiliate's culture.

Members would be subscribed to a Level, so when they do data entry, and hit the Rx button it may sort, or colour the Rx button to a level. Coachboard would then display ranking based on level (highest level Rx First to lowest level Rx; and then highest level scaled to lowest level scaled) with level number/name/scheme next to the score/time result.

Would be nicer to see other ways how people are doing the WOD display that actually works that doesn't flood the day's WOD with 5 alternatives or whatever, which then has 5 different scoring fields.

Again it would be awesome have to some kind of input in regards to how Wodify is looking at tracking and enabling this kind of functionality in Kiosk/Coachboard 2.0.

Ability to input prescriptions for different levels like Rx+ (Fire breather) , Rx, L2, L1 and allow the box to name the various levels

• rogersvillecrosstraining commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have to ability to set automatic scaled movements and make them scoreable. Such as Fran 21-15-9
    Thrusters or Front squats or ball slams
    Pull ups or assisted pull ups or ring rows
    Each movement could be scored instead of just leaving comments

• brad stone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

my programs have a "red light" system for contraindicated movements, making it easier to include those substitutions for my clients to keep accurate records would be a huge help.

• Ron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two more buttons would be great. Either just S1, S2, Rx, Rx+. or perhaps F, P, Rx, Rx+ (fitness, performance). Then when writing WOD we can just do it like this:

Fran
    21-15-9
    Thrusters 95#/65#
    Pull Ups

Performance
    21-15-9
    Thrusters 75#/45#
    Pull Ups

Fitness
    21-15-9
    Thrusters 55#/35#
    Pull Ups

• pbrionez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our box uses L1 L2 and L3 for various exercises can we see a way to select which work out we performed in and then have the white board sorted by that and then time or reps.

• Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be so great if we could customize up to 4 Rx buttons depending on the specific needs of our gym, and order them so that everyone who does the first level of Rx would get ranked above those who do the second level, etc. We often have two levels of Rx: a regular Rx and a MastersRx. In other gyms, I've seen 3 levels, such as Advanced, Intermediate, and Beginner, or Blue Red Green.
    And one other thing on my wish list: instead of choosing an age group to filter, I wish we could choose everyone over 40 (Masters).

• Kenny Lange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not everyone does Rx, so is there a way to rank the athletes who have made modifications?

For example, if I do 4 rounds of 5 cleans @ 135# and 10 strict pull-ups, WODIFY will rank me lower than someone who did 6 rounds of 5 cleans @ 95# and 10 jumping pull-ups.

• Luke L commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This might be pretty easy to do by allowing the recording of more than one submission, instead of defaulting to an override of the previous entry. It would result in the need to allow athletes to also delete accidental multi-submissions. But this is a feature that really needs to be added--very surprised it's not already there.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great feature and I think BTWB does a great job letting people input their sets in a way that tracks them all

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base