Food journal ideas
Here are a few ideas that I believe would really improve the food journal.
1. The ability to add my own questions and check boxes for the day and/or each meal. Ex. Did you eat protein? Yes or No
2. The ability to upload a photo of the meal. This is helpful when I am coaching my clients on portion sizes.
3. The ability to add before and after photos.
4. The ability to track measurements other than weight, such as girth measurements, skin fold measurements, body fat %, and charts to show their progress
5. Now this might be asking for too much, but I would also love the ability to create my own forms. For example, I have my clients keep a biweekly nutrition adherence form, which I have attached below. Instead of having them log every single meal they just put an X in the meal's corresponding box, if they have complied with what I have asked them to do. Ex. Was the meal Paleo? They put an X in the box if it was. This way I am able to track their compliance and communicate with the client on why or why they are not getting great results. If 80% of the time they are eating paleo, they will get great results. If it is 50% great results, then they won't.
Thanks for all the great feedback! We are going to be updating our food journal next year, and we will be keeping all of these ideas in mind when we do so!
Kenneth Rix commented
This would be perfect if the clients can af ad a picture of there food.
Deberían de poder registrar peso, grasa muscular, grasa corporal, y que se grafique una tabla de avances. They should be able to record weight, muscle fat, body fat, and a graph chart progress.
Create a my body progress section. Add areas to measure weight and body measurements like bicep, waist, % of body fat, thighs, etc. and track that progess over time.
The ability to add a photo to a meal, before and after photos and body measurements
Arlene Walton commented
The ability two see the caloric affects of exercising to the intake of food.
Natalie Anderson commented
I need a way to track, measure and quantify the lifestyle issues in my clients... it should track/measure the triggers my membership wants to track as well as track inches and body fat percentage.
Spencer Wyckoff commented
Add to this the ability to download a printout of your nutrition journal to show 3rd party nutritionists. Whether it's .csv .xls or some other format.
Currently, you have to click on each day for coach to review your journal, so he/she is probably getting a daily hit to review. Of if you were new and saw that you forgot to do the whole week so they are hit up 5 times.
Within our profile or add the feature to include in the food journal, like a tick box, want your nutrition coach to see journal? All or certain days instead send a review request. So when nutrition coach opens the software, they can click on any athlete that has given them access to review the journal.
As a coach, I would also like the ability to see my clients journals at any time without having them request a review.