How can we build better software for you?

Multiple Programs in one Class

We sort our athletes out in different levels (1-3). Each level has its own program. Most of the time our classes have athletes of different levels working out together. I would like to be able to add multiple programs to one class.
Our classes are limited to max 10 athletes. So we could have 3 level 1 athletes, 4 level 2, and 3 level 3 athletes, training together on there own program.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Willem Oudemans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You say 'early next year' when you responded in Nov, but I just noticed this purple balloon next to your post says 'YES - 2016' -- so which is it?

• Marc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple solution is to include the program in the tab name and have multiple coach board tabs open. Instead of just saying "Coachboard", it could say "Competition Coachboard" or "OLY Lifting" Coachboard". Then you could have multiple programs at the same time and at least help to eliminate sign-in confusion.

• Willem Oudemans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this one? The 2nd kiosk is not a solution.

We can handle a certain amount of athletes per hour (12). These athletes sign up for a specific hour, but follow different programs.

Some day we might have 8 for the beginners program plus 4 for the advanced. Another day it can be 5 beginners and 7 advanced. The maximum attending athletes for that training hour should not be attached to a specific program, but a total of multiple programs which are planned for that hour.

• Bill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think adding a second kiosk is a great Idea.. Is Wodify going to send us one for free since that is your solution to a problem with your software? If not, then it needs to be fixed internally since we already paid a ton for the one kiosk we have.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree with Rob more strongly. Your recommendation isn't practical for me or Rob, and I am guessing that it's not practical for many other boxes. Please quit giving us this answer and at least tell us that you are working on a solution.

A second kiosk does not even come close to answering the deficiency. If Ford told you to get an Escape if you wanted disk breaks and a Fusion if you wanted a radio, would that resolve the problem?

CrossFit boxes are small by design. I cannot have a capacity of 12, 15, 7, whatever in a class at the same time if I have to have a separate "class" defined, as I would be required to only allow 1/3 (in my case) per virtual "class" at a time. In addition, I now have triple the work to manage results, to direct folks to use the proper kiosk, and everything else.

A simple means to manage unique tailored scales in a single class is the correct fix. You already have the concept with Rx-, Rx, and Rx+, you just need to add a small extension to it. From what I can see, this isn't a unique circumstance or platform for myself, as other gyms are doing the exact same thing as the CrossFit formula evolves with the clients.

I would also like to see this enhancement, with some slight modifications to make it more generic. During the entry of a new day's workout, you offer the ability to name each entry, as seen in this screenshot: http://crossfitfivestar.com/wp-content/wodify/wodify-workout.png

As you can see, I have 'WOD - RX', 'WOD - Endurance', 'WOD - Muscle', and 'WOD - Competition'. This name should be visible on the whiteboard, as well as on the athlete entry screen (for the athlete as well as the coach). I have mocked up an example of this here: http://crossfitfivestar.com/wp-content/wodify/wodify-entry.png

If the standard of 'Metcon' is used, the default behavior as seen in the product today should be used. If a custom entry is defined/selected, that should be used -- for example 'WOD - Endurance' or 'Level 2' as noted by the original requester.

Lastly, due to the ability to have multiple programs defined for the same class, and in an effort to stream line the behavior, the whiteboard should be updated to not only take advantage of the wide screen display which is industry standard now, but also to fill in the wasted real estate while providing the ability to zoom in to the largest view possible for large areas. This can be most easily accomplished with utilizing multiple columns for display, as mocked in this image: http://crossfitfivestar.com/wp-content/wodify/wodify-whiteboard.png

This would add a lot of flexibility to Wodify, as well as provide a needed use case for smaller boxes and more future focused coaches.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know that you recommend just creating another program and having another kiosk or at least a lap top for higher levels to sign in, but it would be much easier, for me at least, to just have all of my athletes sign into the same class and then be able to switch between different tabs that had the different levels of Wods on them. On the whiteboard you are able to click on different parts of the workout to see how the athletes performed in different parts of the workout, so couldn't we have a place where we were able to click between different tabs that showed the different levels of Wods for the day? Then when the athlete went to record their performance they could just click on the level that they did. For ex. Beginner, Intermediate, Competitor etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base