How can we build better software for you?

Allow Gyms to create master achievements and goals that get "recognized" when accomplished.

Similar to how Xbox achievements work. Allow a gym to create different goals and achievements in a gym that when someone accomplishes something - it gets recorded and they can amass "badges."

An example would be "Perform 1 Muscle Up." When witness by a coach, they can award that athlete a "badge/achievement" that under their profile could list them. I would love to create tiers and goals for someone to say "I want that achievement" and work towards it.

237 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Christopher Wyant shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • William Becvar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a coach i like to know what the athletes goals are... Like as we are going into 2017 it would be cool for me as a coach to look through the goals section.

This would allow for athletes to write their fitness goals and they could be visible by the complete box or just the coach based on their privacy setting.

retention and yet another virtual touch into your athletes life from the same software.... other wise we do yet another "program" with some other "paper" or "website" for them to log....

just a thought

• Maria Harman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have had several athletes request this. For now we may just use a bulletin board. Athletes want to post their goals to keep themselves accountable and also be able to share their success with the box.

• StormKing CrossFit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding you recent goal post, I think it would be great if we had something built within Wodify to track goals.

The way I envision this is you would have a goal section under each athlete’s names. This section would be viewable by coaches and that athlete. The goals would be filtered by category > movement; e.g. Gymnastic > Pull ups, or Weightlifting > Deadlift. Under each section we would see a comment on what they want to do (first pull up, 20# increase on deadlift). As a Box owner we could run a report by highest goal category (40% of your members goals are gymnastic, 30% metabolic, 20% weightlifting, 10% other). From here we can run a report to see if the specific category the majority wants, pull ups, ******, weight loss whatever. This would help the Box owner design their next programming cycle.

• juliejones73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At our box, we have a goal board (white board) . It would cool to have a feature like that built into Wodify for everyone to share their goals. Then you can post the stepping stones that will help you reach your goal and then ultimately a date when you reached their goal. Ideally, it would be shared among members, but you would have to opt in so that other people would only see your goal if share them publicly. I imagine that technically, it would work on the same principle as a shared wiki.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Goal tracking must be in 3 categories:
    1 attendance (ie - I want to attend 4x a week)
    2. performance (ie. i want a 300# deadlift)
    3. Body Comp (Ie. I want to lose 5 % body fat or 20 #)

the future of client management software IS goal tracking

I would love to have a page for goals. this could be something as simple as a blank page that users could just fill out and their coach could edit and comment. This might be used for schedules, goals, special workouts while traveling etc. If you wanted to get really fancy, users could decide to make the page public or just visible by their coach.

• Zach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The achievements board for individual athletes would be super sweet. Highly recommend it!

You should add a personal goal section where athletes can punch in their own personal goals and get weekly tracking and updates on their progress. (I.e. my target pr back squat is 405) wodify can alert me to take a pr session on back squat to track where my progression is. Maybe add some tips along the way.

Great idea, tracking individual reps as achievements. 5000th burpee, 10,000th double under. also the achievements could be used as a marker by coaches to progress athletes through skill levels.

say an athlete needs to complete a certain set of skills to receive 'achievement badges' before be 'promoted' to the next skill level. a coach could easily see what an athlete has achieved and still to achieve and give advice or offer PT, great upsell and value adder.

A great retention tool as well, do you think a member would walk away from their training if they were only 2-3 skills away from the next level, or 100 burpees away from 5000?

• Tom Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've come across another wod tracking app called "Hotwodder". They create a CrossFit avatar that grows or weakens in response to the CrossFit activity they log. The idea of achievements is awesome! It's just another "touch" to keep members engaged, striving for goals and being accountable. I wouldn't go nuts with the number of achievements, I'd keep it to the basics such as "First Pull-up", "First Muscle-Up", "Sub-4 Fran", "Sub-3 Fran", "Bodyweight Deadlift", "1.5X BW Backsquat" etc. I for one, would be super jazzed to see my profile pic up on the daily whiteboard studded with those badges.

• Christopher Wyant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spencer, I like that idea a lot. I just noticed that there is a feature that allows us to see how many classes an athlete has attended overall. One of the things I have considered is creating a shirt when someone has attended 365 classes that they get for free (something along the lines of: Getting my butt fit 24/7/365).

• Spencer Wyckoff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great and I can see awesome potential... you could even take it one step further and treat the gym like a bank using reps as the currency. That way you can honor your high performers with gym discounts or prizes...

i.e. Congratulations on your 5,000th Burpee, you've earned a Free T-shirt/Jumprope/10% of your next membership.... but allow the gym owners to distinguish what's a worthy achievement value.

Feedback and Knowledge Base