How can we build better software for you?

Goals/Accomplishments Tab

Put a tab next to My Performance that says My Goals. There should be some way for coaches to review. For example, I might want to improve my ******, and make my stomach more lean, and add 10 mph to my fastball. Then the reviewer can see the results I want to achieve and help me set up a plan to reach those goals. Then either through posting my workouts on wodify, or coming in and updating my goals page, when they get accomplished it can say something next to our names on the coachboard or whiteboard to say that I reached my goal. Kind of like how a PR is posted.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anthony Barone shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mark Hufford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the idea and most of the comments. From a usability standpoint, this has 2 sides: the athlete and the coach. Athlete is a "duh"...of course they need visibility into setting goals and tracking progress. A goal can be defined as follows: "Change [something] from X to Y by [time frame]"

Examples:
    Increase my squat clean from 225 to 250 by December 31st, 2018
    Decrease my body fat percentage from 15% to 12% by June 30th.

To be measurable, we need to know what will change, the starting point, the goal and the timeframe. Without each of these, the system won't add much value in terms of tracking, reporting and rewarding.

But the coaches need a quick and easy way to see the goals of their members. Ideally, I'd like to see who is signed up for my 6 AM class (for example) and quickly be able to see what they're working on. Then I can address this with them, help them to stay motivated, feel recognized, etc. It gets tough to remember all the goals of all the members in large gyms.

• Mark Hufford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love the idea and most of the comments. From a usability standpoint, this has 2 sides: the athlete and the coach. Athlete is a "duh"...of course they need visibility into setting goals and tracking progress. But the coaches need a quick and easy way to see the goals of their members. Ideally, I'd like to see who is signed up for my 6 AM class (for example) and quickly be able to see what they're working on. Then I can address this with them, help them to stay motivated, feel recognized, etc. It gets tough to remember all the goals of all the members in large gyms.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure this is possible. Is there a way Wodify can help build out the athletes profiles. Then the athletes could note a few different goals. Perhaps:

* Different strength goals, i.e. squat, clean, press, etc
    * Different WOD goals, i.e. Fran, FGB, 5K run time, etc
    * Different skill goals, i.e. muscle ups, DUs, etc
    * Each with a deadline, i.e. by 6/30/17, etc
    * Or event goals, i.e. a powerlifting meet, Granite Games, etc.
    * Or nutrition goals, i.e. lose 10% body fat or gain 10% lean muscle mass, etc.

Then the coaches could run a report and group athletes in different categories based on their goals. Then we could address the groups separately.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

JIM

• Jesse Humphrys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be fantastic if there was a prompt to remind coaches/admin to check in with athletes to make sure they are still on track as specific timelines along the way towards their goal

• juliejones73 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The other thing that would be helpful would be if we had a goals section, we could choose to share it with other athletes. We use a whiteboard now and some athletes who have similar goals sometimes work on goals together. A shared goal board would also allow athletes to cheer each other when goals are met.m

• rudytrev422 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plug in goals in performance history this way you can see where you were, were you are and where you want to go

Be able to plug in a goal in a specific workout so when checking athlete performance, you can compare where you are to where you want to be.

• Jake Maslin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think one good way would be to add it in the "My Journal" section. Athletes could add their goals and ask a coach to review them just as they can with the food journal. Then coaches could respond to those goals.

But it would be nice if when an athlete signs up for a membership wodify would require the athlete to fill a goal section out. That way coaches can help those athletes achieve their goals or offer advise on how they can do this from day 1.

Maybe even have questions with yes/no answers. For example:
    Do you want to lose weight? yes/no
    Do you want to gain wiehgt? yes/no
    Do you want to gain strength? yes/no
    When do you want to achieve this by? _______
    What other goals do you have? __________
    Etc.... etc....

• Jake Maslin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if there was a section for athletes to add their goals when they sign up for a membership. It could even automatically send those goals to the head coach or other coaches when it has been filled out so they can help athletes achieve those goals. Maybe have specific questions already filled out that the athlete can check or just a section to write goals. For example: I would like to lose weight and gain muscle.
    Also coaches could respond to those goals. For example If an athlete has a goal of wanting to lose 50 lbs in 3 months, maybe a coach could respond by giving a more realistic approach to that goal etc...
    Actually it might be nice to have this section in the "My Journal" tab with the food journal only it would still require you fill this out when signing up.

Goal section on athlete performance so you can compare versus actual performance and goal.

• jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Goal setting and Follow Up tool for coaches to use in goal meetings with athletes.

• Tamara Whitney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love to see this feature. Something that gives the option to track goals at a monthly, 3/6/9month option or annual. I think it's great for someone to build their goals.

Such as, they could say, "this month I want to be able to kick up to the wall for handstand. Next month, 2 ab mat HSPU. 3 months RX HSPU. 6 months Kip HSPU. 9 months 1 arm hand stand. 1 year, deficit HSPU."

Something like that. So someone can break it down and have realistic goals and achievements along the way. Saying "I want to do deficit HSPU as my goal for this month is not realistic and could be setting someone up for failure if they have been consistently doing A Frames or pikes on a box.

Anyhow...my two cents :)

• Christine McAulay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of the achievement ribbon when you reach a goal. Maybe you can have different sections in a goals tab for metcon, weightlifting, gymnastics and other. Those WL/Metcon/gymnastics elements that are already stored in Wodify are easily tracked, and maybe next to a PR ribbon, there can be a goals ribbon. Also, it would be cool if people's goals could be automatically e-mailed to them every 3 months or so as a reminder, like "How are you doing on your goals? Have you reached any? Do you need to update them?" And definitely the ability to share them with someone in the same way you can share your nutrition.

• Chanel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us a goals tab like the ideas described below. All of them are very well thought out, so I don't have anything to add except my desire to have this section. It's the best way to retain members. We need it desperately.

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a dry erase board in our box where everyone writes down one goal for the month and one accomplishment. It would be nice to have a "Dry Erase Board" of goals and accomplishments on Wodify for everyone to see and update.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are beginning to set goals next month for athletes. This would be great to have within Wodify. Then after achieving a goal, the athlete could get a badge (IE: goal= strict pull up, badge = pull up image with number) What comes to mind is Untappd. They have fun badges for beer check ins that you can share on social media.

• Jeff Licciardi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Only comment -- I think goals and levels are two different things. Levels are more of a rating for the coach to understand so they can scale workouts appropriately.

I'd love to have both pieces of functionality in the system.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base