How can we build better software for you?

Push workouts and results to Facebook

Bring back pushing workouts and results from Wodify to Facebook!

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jason shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Collecting Votes  ·  AdminMelissa K (Product Manager, Wodify) responded  · 

Hi Jason,

A couple of years ago Facebook completely cut off their API that allowed automatic posting from third party apps to Facebook. They still allowed a semi-manual solution that was an awful experience so we opted to cut the integration off. Huge companies like Squarespace and Wordpress were allowed to continue their integration as an exception. I was skeptical myself at first so I tried out a few other workout apps at the time and to my surprise 3 for 3 all of their Facebook integrations were broken.

It is our understanding that Facebook has since brought back a new API to allow auto posting but due to higher priority items we haven’t gotten around to exploring it. Definitely something we want to take another look at later this year though.

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps you could consider an RSS feed of the specific box's WOD that could be fed to the box's website. Apologies if this is already a thing, I'm a tech, but new to Wodify.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your clarification and additional information. It would be nice if they made it easy to push that information to Facebook. However, if the push notification for the mobile app is created that could eliminate the need (for myself, anyway).

Feedback and Knowledge Base