How can we build better software for you?

Flexibility on Changing Memberships

I really think activation dates should be able to be changed as well as membership costs even when in the middle of the membership.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ray cattaneo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shane Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further to this... after just a month working for me, my new manager just sent me this message:

"I don't know if you have an easier way to cancel - but what I do is deactivate their current membership and then put a new one with the date it would be canceled on without auto renew and then generate the last payment on the day it is due (as per conversations with wodify as you can not auto-bill an invoice - it has to come from a membership) .... and then I put a note to go deactivate their account the last day so they don't have access - it's quite the process as we can't go back and add an end date/deactivation date....

hope this makes sense...."

-------------------------------------------
    Clearly, just about anybody who has to work with the current situation has got to be frustrated as heck and begging for this to be sorted out. It just makes no sense that we do not have 100% full control of every single variable with regards to memberships. Thank you.

• Shane Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Further to this flexibility, one of the things that is a real problem at the moment is the inability to schedule a future membership deactivation date. Currently, when a member asks me to cancel his membership on a certain date, I have to wait until that day to go in and cancel. And if the day they wish to cancel happens to fall on their monthly invoice date, and I'm not able to get to the cancellation, then the member gets charged and they get ****** off about it.

There are instances where the date they wish to cancel is on a weekend and neither myself nor my admin assistant works on weekends, so the person's membership does not get cancelled, and then we hear about how unprofessional it is that we charged them for another month.

There are also times when the admin load is also higher than usual and it can even happen in the middle of the week.

It's happened enough times that even recently someone came to me about it and said that they were "warned" that we often try to sneak an extra payment out of people. Which is completely untrue. Obviously whoever it happens to comes to us and asks us to refund it (which we do and would do even if they didn't come to us to ask), but in the minutes or hours between when it happens and when they've spoken to us, clearly some people have spoken about it to other members.

When I've explained that we don't actually have any way of setting a future deactivation date, they understand, and they're not upset anymore, but do you think they go back to the people they bitched and complained to and let them know that it's not our fault and or at least that it's a difficult and frustrating issue we have to deal with?

No. Of course not.

So the ability to set a future membership deactivation date to me is essential and needs to be implemented as a high priority item.

Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base