Wodify Core Ideas

Thank you for providing us with ideas. BEFORE creating a new idea, please search the forum. If the idea currently exists please vote for that idea rather than creating a new one.

We’ll regularly monitor new ideas and assign them an applicable status. Please understand that we may have to decline good ideas from time to time due to the the volume of ideas we get and our current product strategy. When we do assign a status to an idea please keep in mind that this is not a firm roadmap and all dates and statuses are subject to change. For an up to date view of our roadmap visit roadmap.wodify.com.

If you have a support issue please email support@wodify.com.

How can we build better software for you?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. update the way we create metcons

update the workouts so we can add more than one measurable. So if a workout has a time component and a weight component to it allow for both when setting up a metcon

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Collecting Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Push Notification to mobile device when you are on the Waitlist and a place gets free.

Push Notification to mobile device when you are on the Waitlist and a place gets free.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile Specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Complete Mobile App Redesign Based on Extensive Usability Testing

Usability testing of iOS App.
    Redesign of mobile app.

(IN THAT ORDER!!!!)

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Mobile Specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will have a completely overhauled Athlete app out in 2017 that will address all of these pain point.

We will also be deploying performance updates for the remainder of 2016 that will prove to cut down on latency in the app.

4. Multiple Programs in one Class

We sort our athletes out in different levels (1-3). Each level has its own program. Most of the time our classes have athletes of different levels working out together. I would like to be able to add multiple programs to one class.
    Our classes are limited to max 10 athletes. So we could have 3 level 1 athletes, 4 level 2, and 3 level 3 athletes, training together on there own program.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Kiosk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking to make big changes to the way athletes sign into classes via the Coachboard – so if you are running multiple classes and programs simultaneously it will automatically recognize the athlete’s defaults.

5. Open Competitions for All Wodify Boxes

It would be great of all boxes were able to participate in a "monthly wod" where a single whiteboard is used for all boxes where individuals and gyms could compete and rank against one another. Taking it a step further, athlete rankings and gym rankings for the year could be calculated. Just for fun of course.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Referral Program

As far as advertising goes, referrals always seem to be best. It would be great if Wodify could incorporate some sort of referral program. If anyone has ideas please post them.

One thing I hear a lot of is discounting a membership based on how many members the athlete refers that sign up. For example. Lets say I pay $140 per month. For every member that I get to sign up I get $5 deducted from my membership each month the athlete is a member. If they leave the $5 is removed as a discount. Not only does this encourage…

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on this. We definitely want to incorporate a feature that will make referral discounts easier to manage. Hoping to begin working on this project next year.

7. Upgrade Memberships

I have quite a few members that need to change their membership around. Not really sure what the best steps are for changing the date on a membership but it sure doesn't seem easy without having to cancel the membership and adding a new one for a different date. It would be nice if you could click on a members membership, have a calendar that you could click on to change a bill date for the members as needed and then have the calendar calculate the prorate amount for you and add that to the membership. So If I have…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  6 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Update calendar integration

Integrate coach's scheduled class hours into google calendar integration, as you do for integration with appointments

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2018  ·  3 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Apple Watch App

I would LOVE an apple watch app so I could add my results during my workout on my watch!

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Wordpress Integration Improvement:

Wodify does not publish to Wordpress the way we'd like it to. When a wod is published from Wodify, there is only 1 blog category tag option and we have no customization of how the wod post looks. In an effort to make our lives easier, have one less thing to worry about daily, and answer the requests and concerns from our members about missing workout posts… we would need Wodify to automatically categorize blog posts based on the program it's under.

For instance, we have 5 main programs in Wodify: Level 1, Level 2, CF Women, OPS (olympic lifting),…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Event Tracking

Away to do events and be able to track and post them through Wodify.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Custom Video Feature

allowing us to post our own instructional videos into the video library.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pay Cash Option For Memberships On Online Sales Portal (not just drop ins)

Can we please add the pay cash option when selling sessions and drop ins. We need the option in the Online Sales Portal.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2017  ·  0 comments  ·  Financial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Photo & Video Share Option

It would be great if there was a place to add a video, or picture of a lift, or movement taken during class. For example, if I'm on my phone logging in my sets reps and weights for a 1 rep max front squat, there could be a place to upload a photo, or video of the movement. That way, when the box looks at the leaderboard and see that someone hit a certain weight, they could click on the phot, or video, watch it, and maybe even and option to like it and share it on various social media…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Setting for view, book, etc on all locations not only your "home box"

For CrossFit affiliates with more than one location there should be a setting to always show all classes and all results (on the whiteboard). Today the location setting always defaults to your "home box". In our case we have two locations in the same city and the members see it as "one box" and often alternate between the two locations.

There should either be a setting to "always remember" your last choice of location (including "all") or your should have a setting to always show "all" for both classes booking and the whiteboard.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Classes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Linking sign ins with Facebook check ins

It would be great for Facebook marketing if it was a possibility that every athlete that has there Facebook account linked automatically check in to your box on Facebook when he signs in to the class

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Social Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Collecting Votes  ·  Ameet Shah responded

We are going to upgrade our social integrations in Wodify 3.0. That said, hard to say if it will be check ins, or easier to post to social with your performance entries.

17. I want a coaches alert

Would like to add to calendar an alert that specifically goes to coaches and staff. For example, a message to say that Joe Smith is coming to the 9am class - this is his first class - he has a sore right knee.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow a member to purchase gym apparel. Wodify "storefront".

A 'gym store' tab where a member can buy gym gear (tshirts, jump ropes, hoodies, whatever that gym might stock) as well as supplements (proteins, prewods, etc, whatever that gym might stock.

They could make their choices, automatically bill the CC they have on file, and pick up their gear at the gym. Member are already hooked on Wodify, if we allow them to easily purchase gear through the system, it may help the affiliate sell more of their t-shirts.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Online Sales Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Analytics for Athletes via Email

Have you ever played Fantasy Football? More specifically, have you ever used Yahoo! to participate in a league. If not, there is a nice feature at the end of each week that provides an email recap full of analytics regarding your performance in the league for that week.

Wodify should do the same. I would love to see metrics in my email on a weekly or bi-weekly basis about how I was doing compared to my own previous performance, national averages (amongst other Wodify users) for my lifts or gymnastic movements, or other folks in my gym.

I thought I'd…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Not a bad idea, just not sure if it’s something we will specifically add in the foreseeable future. We are making big upgrades to the performance tracking side of things and this could very well be included.

20. Make a skill for amazon's Alexa so you can ask for WOD.

Create a skill for amazon's Alexa voice assistant that would allow you to ask what is the WOD today. My understanding is this would not be very difficult.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Social Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Wodify Core Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base