Wodify Core Ideas

Thank you for providing us with ideas. BEFORE creating a new idea, please search the forum. If the idea currently exists please vote for that idea rather than creating a new one.

We’ll regularly monitor new ideas and assign them an applicable status. Please understand that we may have to decline good ideas from time to time due to the the volume of ideas we get and our current product strategy. When we do assign a status to an idea please keep in mind that this is not a firm roadmap and all dates and statuses are subject to change. For an up to date view of our roadmap visit roadmap.wodify.com.

If you have a support issue please email support@wodify.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Options for scaled WODS

A check box for Rx, scaled 1, and scaled 2. If for example I program "grace" I want everyone to feel included. This would help! Rx:135, Scaled 1:115, Scaled 2: 95. This would be much more convenient than an Rx+

721 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    54 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely look to address the concept of differentiating between scaling options rather than just an overall ‘scaled’. Unfortunately for many workouts there are multiple variations for scaling each movement (ie instead of pullups they did ring rows, or used a green band, or a red band, etc)… or they did the pullups Rx and scaled the weight or movement.

Ultimately for many workouts it adds more complexity for the athletes. That being said, we are making changes to the performance tracking side in the near future and they may touch on this topic.

2. Allow Gyms to create master achievements and goals that get "recognized" when accomplished.

Similar to how Xbox achievements work. Allow a gym to create different goals and achievements in a gym that when someone accomplishes something - it gets recorded and they can amass "badges."

An example would be "Perform 1 Muscle Up." When witness by a coach, they can award that athlete a "badge/achievement" that under their profile could list them. I would love to create tiers and goals for someone to say "I want that achievement" and work towards it.

240 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely like this idea, just not sure if it’s something we will specifically add in the foreseeable future. We are making big upgrades to the performance tracking side of things and this could very well be included.

3. Goals/Accomplishments Tab

Put a tab next to My Performance that says My Goals. There should be some way for coaches to review. For example, I might want to improve my ******, and make my stomach more lean, and add 10 mph to my fastball. Then the reviewer can see the results I want to achieve and help me set up a plan to reach those goals. Then either through posting my workouts on wodify, or coming in and updating my goals page, when they get accomplished it can say something next to our names on the coachboard or whiteboard to say that…

177 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2018  ·  28 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. InterBox Leader Boards

City and Region based results between affiliates who are using Wodify. A leaderboard that can include other gym results too.

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2018  ·  15 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Programing analytics

Hi, Just had a few more ideas for features.
    I like the new way to enter workouts that is coming up on the 15th, I was hoping we could get some sort of analytic for programming.

things like % of movements that are Gymnastics, Weight lifting, Monostructural,
    Total reps for the different movements ( individual movements like snatches T2B, burpees, amount of reps in different intensity ranges for strength, time domains.

Also average scores for benchmarks, for individual gyms and for the Wodify community as a whole.

Right now I have to do this all, separately and it is a…

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  7 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to Add Multiple Weightlifting Sets At Once

The ability to add, for example, 5 sets of 5 Back Squats at once instead of every set individually would save us an immense amount of time when entering weightlifting WODs.

A drop town or text box such as:

Back Squat ___ Sets of ___
    OR
    Back Squat ___ Sets of ___ (checkbox for varying reps), then ___, ___, etc.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How about integrating some of the elite box programming like Invictus into Wodify?

Every morning you open Wodify and choose 'Invictus' or 'Outlaw' and their wod for that day automatically shows up at my box.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  12 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Masters button

How about adding a Masters button for athletes that complete the Rx Masters version of the workout?

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatic integration with fitness tracking apps

Most people have some sort of fitness tracking app that covers a lot of areas that wodify does not. These specifically are running/cycling metrics as well as fitness metrics such as steps/sleep. I currently use Garmin Connect and Fitbit as well as Wodify. If you could link wodify to automatically post to one of these third party sites that consolidates all data that would be great.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create Recurring WODs by Program

Set reoccurring schedule for a series of WODs for my on ramp classes.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. change gymnastics format

I'd like a way to program gymnastics without having a measure, or going for a set number of reps.

All gymnastics movements currently default to max reps. I'd like to program a set of 10 pistol squats as a test without recording a result. I'd like athletes to make notes on it, but not go for "max reps".

I prefer the format used for weightlifting or metcons.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Competition Scoring Program

A competition scoring system!

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. update the way we create metcons

update the workouts so we can add more than one measurable. So if a workout has a time component and a weight component to it allow for both when setting up a metcon

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ADD Performance Tracking for multiple disciplines

We are not solely a crossfit facility. We train professional athletes, collegiate, and youth athletes in MLB, NFL, MLS and many others. We would love to be able to have performance tracking in areas of:
    10, 20, 40 yard dash times
    Pro Agility Times
    Vertical Jump
    Broad Jump
    3-Broad Jump
    Body Fat %
    Height
    Weight
    Pitching Speed, etc.
    These are very general yet specific areas that need to be tracked for non-crossfit as well as crossfit athlete in our facility and many others.

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2017  ·  0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Open Competitions for All Wodify Boxes

It would be great of all boxes were able to participate in a "monthly wod" where a single whiteboard is used for all boxes where individuals and gyms could compete and rank against one another. Taking it a step further, athlete rankings and gym rankings for the year could be calculated. Just for fun of course.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Wordpress Integration Improvement:

Wodify does not publish to Wordpress the way we'd like it to. When a wod is published from Wodify, there is only 1 blog category tag option and we have no customization of how the wod post looks. In an effort to make our lives easier, have one less thing to worry about daily, and answer the requests and concerns from our members about missing workout posts… we would need Wodify to automatically categorize blog posts based on the program it's under.

For instance, we have 5 main programs in Wodify: Level 1, Level 2, CF Women, OPS (olympic lifting),…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Event Tracking

Away to do events and be able to track and post them through Wodify.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Custom Video Feature

allowing us to post our own instructional videos into the video library.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Photo & Video Share Option

It would be great if there was a place to add a video, or picture of a lift, or movement taken during class. For example, if I'm on my phone logging in my sets reps and weights for a 1 rep max front squat, there could be a place to upload a photo, or video of the movement. That way, when the box looks at the leaderboard and see that someone hit a certain weight, they could click on the phot, or video, watch it, and maybe even and option to like it and share it on various social media…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Analytics for Athletes via Email

Have you ever played Fantasy Football? More specifically, have you ever used Yahoo! to participate in a league. If not, there is a nice feature at the end of each week that provides an email recap full of analytics regarding your performance in the league for that week.

Wodify should do the same. I would love to see metrics in my email on a weekly or bi-weekly basis about how I was doing compared to my own previous performance, national averages (amongst other Wodify users) for my lifts or gymnastic movements, or other folks in my gym.

I thought I'd…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  3 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base