Wodify Core Ideas

Thank you for providing us with ideas. BEFORE creating a new idea, please search the forum. If the idea currently exists please vote for that idea rather than creating a new one.

We’ll regularly monitor new ideas and assign them an applicable status. Please understand that we may have to decline good ideas from time to time due to the the volume of ideas we get and our current product strategy. When we do assign a status to an idea please keep in mind that this is not a firm roadmap and all dates and statuses are subject to change. For an up to date view of our roadmap visit roadmap.wodify.com.

If you have a support issue please email support@wodify.com.

How can we build better software for you?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Options for scaled WODS

A check box for Rx, scaled 1, and scaled 2. If for example I program "grace" I want everyone to feel included. This would help! Rx:135, Scaled 1:115, Scaled 2: 95. This would be much more convenient than an Rx+

721 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      54 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will definitely look to address the concept of differentiating between scaling options rather than just an overall ‘scaled’. Unfortunately for many workouts there are multiple variations for scaling each movement (ie instead of pullups they did ring rows, or used a green band, or a red band, etc)… or they did the pullups Rx and scaled the weight or movement.

Ultimately for many workouts it adds more complexity for the athletes. That being said, we are making changes to the performance tracking side in the near future and they may touch on this topic.

• Allow me to subscribe to my reserved classes with a calendar app

My current workflow is to reserve my spot in a class, then go to my calendar app and enter it there as well. This is super annoying. It would be great to have an ical url that I can subscribe to from my calendar of choice so that reserving a spot in the class adds it to my calendar.

388 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        49 comments  ·  Classes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re happy to announce that this has been completed! While we still have some updates to make this option is currently available in the Athlete preview app and will continue to be available as additional options are added to the app.

• Waitlist

We have just switched to Wodify from Zenplanner and our athletes and coaches love everything about it. The big exception is the waitlist. Before we had a set waitlist with an automatic upgrade if somebody cancelled. This worked very well.
        With the Wodify system our athletes feel they are being penalised if they don't have constant access to their emails.
        We also have situations where classes are initially full and then several people cancel. This leaves free spaces but there are no automatic upgrades so athletes are still on the waitlist. In these scenarios they should be automatically upgraded and…

264 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          32 comments  ·  Classes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will be updating our reservation feature. We are looking to have options for how you would like your reservations to work at your gym, including adding the first athlete on the waitlist to an open spot in class.

• Allow Gyms to create master achievements and goals that get "recognized" when accomplished.

Similar to how Xbox achievements work. Allow a gym to create different goals and achievements in a gym that when someone accomplishes something - it gets recorded and they can amass "badges."

An example would be "Perform 1 Muscle Up." When witness by a coach, they can award that athlete a "badge/achievement" that under their profile could list them. I would love to create tiers and goals for someone to say "I want that achievement" and work towards it.

231 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            12 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We definitely like this idea, just not sure if it’s something we will specifically add in the foreseeable future. We are making big upgrades to the performance tracking side of things and this could very well be included.

• Add monthly sales to an athlete's account to avoid processing fees

Option to add merch/supplements/etc to an athlete's account so they are billed once a month along with membership instead of having to pay so many transaction fees with POS.
            Ex: Joe's membership is $100, and he bought 5 cans of FitAid ($15) this month. He would be drafted $115 on his next membership due date.

197 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              32 comments  ·  Retail/Point of Sale  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for the feedback regarding this suggestion. We’ll be looking to revise the billing aspects of Wodify in the up and coming year to include a running tab. Be sure to be on the lookout for up and coming updates.

• InterBox Leader Boards

City and Region based results between affiliates who are using Wodify. A leaderboard that can include other gym results too.

169 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                15 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re definitely making some enhancements to the athlete experience and love the idea! Not entirely sure if we will make the enhancement right away, but be sure to look out for expanded features within the next 12 months.

• Goals/Accomplishments Tab

Put a tab next to My Performance that says My Goals. There should be some way for coaches to review. For example, I might want to improve my ******, and make my stomach more lean, and add 10 mph to my fastball. Then the reviewer can see the results I want to achieve and help me set up a plan to reach those goals. Then either through posting my workouts on wodify, or coming in and updating my goals page, when they get accomplished it can say something next to our names on the coachboard or whiteboard to say that…

158 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  28 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Programing analytics

Hi, Just had a few more ideas for features.
                  I like the new way to enter workouts that is coming up on the 15th, I was hoping we could get some sort of analytic for programming.

things like % of movements that are Gymnastics, Weight lifting, Monostructural,
                  Total reps for the different movements ( individual movements like snatches T2B, burpees, amount of reps in different intensity ranges for strength, time domains.

Also average scores for benchmarks, for individual gyms and for the Wodify community as a whole.

Right now I have to do this all, separately and it is a…

145 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Collecting Votes  ·  7 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Ability to Add Multiple Weightlifting Sets At Once

The ability to add, for example, 5 sets of 5 Back Squats at once instead of every set individually would save us an immense amount of time when entering weightlifting WODs.

A drop town or text box such as:

Back Squat ___ Sets of ___
                    OR
                    Back Squat ___ Sets of ___ (checkbox for varying reps), then ___, ___, etc.

126 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      16 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Food journal ideas

Here are a few ideas that I believe would really improve the food journal.

1. The ability to add my own questions and check boxes for the day and/or each meal. Ex. Did you eat protein? Yes or No

2. The ability to upload a photo of the meal. This is helpful when I am coaching my clients on portion sizes.

3. The ability to add before and after photos.

4. The ability to track measurements other than weight, such as girth measurements, skin fold measurements, body fat %, and charts to show their progress

5. Now this might be…

116 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        9 comments  ·  Journal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the great feedback! We are going to be updating our food journal next year, and we will be keeping all of these ideas in mind when we do so!

• Let's get rid of MyFitnessPal, FitBit, etc and have them all link up to our Wodify app. Body metrics, weight, nutrition, cal in/out, HR.

Let's have our Wodify app link to all other health apps, MyFitnessPal, FitBit, Garmin, etc. Lets have it track body metrics, HR, cal in/out, workouts and Nutrition. They already link up to each other why not have them link to Wodify app and give a full health screen all-in-one? Don't tell me it's not possible BTWB does it. If they can do it so can we.

106 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          4 comments  ·  Journal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Athlete Profile and Stats

It would be awesome to be able to click on an athlete to display their profile and stats like popular benchmark times and strength like they do on the CrossFit Games profiles.

Also have the ability to compare your stats to other athletes like they do on the CFG site as well.

Athletes could also have the ability to block their stats in the privacy settings.

104 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            9 comments  ·  Athlete/Lead Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Custom Role Permissions by User

It would be great if we could control individual admin access per person. For example I would like my coaches to be able to sign up a new member but not be able to see the financials.

100 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              26 comments  ·  Athlete/Lead Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Provide the ability to import performance stats from a text file. (.csv, .xml, .xls, etc)

Many of us have large amounts of data going back months to years. It would be great to have the ability to import the records from a text file into the system. This can be done using an xml, csv or excel template file.

98 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This one can be difficult because many systems export in different formats. Not just file formats, but also different formats within the same type of document. We will see if this is something that can be completed in 2018.

• Show who's attending classes in mobile view

Show who's attending classes in mobile view. I do most of the wodify on my mobile device and would like to see who is going to be in the class I'm attending

91 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  11 comments  ·  Mobile Specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is currently available in our Athlete App preview! Keep an eye out for additional updates to the preview app in the next couple of months!

• Daily Message Board

A message board for that day. In addition to posting comments for each individual, there would be a running message board for that day. This way, when they post a wod like "Karen" or some other suffer-fest, we can post our feelings in one central place.

89 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    7 comments  ·  Social Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Deactivating an athlete check box option when setting up memberships

It would be nice to have the ability to select an option to automatically deactivate an athlete in a member plan.

For example, if someone purchases a 3 month membership that is not set to auto renew, you could check a box that would automatically deactivate it when those 3 months are up.

This would make things easier as members now have the ability to purchase their memberships.

Right now the only option is to go into a plan and stop the auto renew so you have the option of deactivating the athlete.

88 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      9 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • How about integrating some of the elite box programming like Invictus into Wodify?

Every morning you open Wodify and choose 'Invictus' or 'Outlaw' and their wod for that day automatically shows up at my box.

86 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Create Recurring WODs by Program

Set reoccurring schedule for a series of WODs for my on ramp classes.

79 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Allow athletes to rate workouts

After completing a WOD, athletes could rate the workout.. Perhaps this is simply a 'one-through-five stars' system or maybe you could include comments. I'd like to know which workouts were particularly effective for our athletes, and I want their input.

77 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback on this. We revisited this idea internally and think we can work this in in a pretty cool way that could also help the community at large. Look for this next year.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Wodify Core Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base