Wodify Core Ideas

Thank you for providing us with ideas. BEFORE creating a new idea, please search the forum. If the idea currently exists please vote for that idea rather than creating a new one.

We’ll regularly monitor new ideas and assign them an applicable status. Please understand that we may have to decline good ideas from time to time due to the the volume of ideas we get and our current product strategy. When we do assign a status to an idea please keep in mind that this is not a firm roadmap and all dates and statuses are subject to change. For an up to date view of our roadmap visit roadmap.wodify.com.

If you have a support issue please email support@wodify.com.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Coach Compensation Payroll Calculator

I saw that Payroll 2.0 is happening. This is great news. What would be in my mind would be the following:
    - Have the ability to connect the client to a specific coach.
    - Attach the revenue category to the coach and client.
    - Compute multiple pay rates/coach(es) in real time per pay period.

In essence this is the MabLab model and I am not the best at seeing all the ins and outs but I would love to see 100% coach compensation payroll computation:)

Thanks!
    Adam Lane

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recurring Appointments

In regards to booking appointments, will there be the ability to create recurring sessions for my regular clients?

Most personal training sessions I do are 2+ times per week. Currently I create a recurring class for them at the same time slots. I just check them into that class. For example if I have someone who does 5pm Mon, Wed and Friday I have to create individual sessions for each session and each week in the appointments.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Appointments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flexible Appointment charge and payroll rate

Need to alter Appointments charges to be adjustable. Also, payroll needs to be more flexible. We currently pay our coaches 50% of appointment charge. So a flat rate on a altered price doesn't work. Especially if we allow multiple participants in appointment.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Payroll  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make a skill for amazon's Alexa so you can ask for WOD.

Create a skill for amazon's Alexa voice assistant that would allow you to ask what is the WOD today. My understanding is this would not be very difficult.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  2 comments  ·  Social Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Auto cancel in e.g 30 days when cancellation submitted

A 30 day cancellation function on memberships. It would be good to be able to apply cancellation terms to your account. Then when someone submits cancellation you just tick a box on there profile and it automatically cancels and deactivates the profile. It could also automatically submit emails to people who have unpaid invoices and will inform them on the cancellation terms and conditions etc.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Memberships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. components

Printable/Downloadable database of Global component library.
    - Meaning (and not sure if this is already available) Would like to be able to download and/or print global component database that WODIFY has uploaded into the system.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Respond to anonymous feedback

It would be great to be able to respond to feedback. Currently it may feel like we are ignoring our clients requests.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Email/SMS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automated Membership Enforcement

All of our business generate most of our revenue from monthly membership fees. And with nearly every human in the US getting new chip credit cards, all the credit card fraud, and global companies getting hacked, I've been averaging 10-15 completely different (sometimes even the same) people getting hard declined not because of financial reasons, but because their cards are cancelled without them knowing, or they've been sent a chip card and don't even know it's coming.

An "On/Off" feature of automated membership enforcement that will restrict an athlete from signing in/up for classes if they have an overdue invoice,…

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Financial  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Some good ideas in there, but given that there is currently a workable solution for this I’m not sure when it will be prioritized. Of course this is subject to happen sooner should it get voted up in priority.

9. Template for deactivated members.

We would love to have a template for an exit/ farewell email for when we deactivate members.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  1 comment  ·  Email/SMS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatic integration with fitness tracking apps

Most people have some sort of fitness tracking app that covers a lot of areas that wodify does not. These specifically are running/cycling metrics as well as fitness metrics such as steps/sleep. I currently use Garmin Connect and Fitbit as well as Wodify. If you could link wodify to automatically post to one of these third party sites that consolidates all data that would be great.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Push workouts and results to Facebook

Bring back pushing workouts and results from Wodify to Facebook!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Social Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Jason,

A couple of years ago Facebook completely cut off their API that allowed automatic posting from third party apps to Facebook. They still allowed a semi-manual solution that was an awful experience so we opted to cut the integration off. Huge companies like Squarespace and Wordpress were allowed to continue their integration as an exception. I was skeptical myself at first so I tried out a few other workout apps at the time and to my surprise 3 for 3 all of their Facebook integrations were broken.

It is our understanding that Facebook has since brought back a new API to allow auto posting but due to higher priority items we haven’t gotten around to exploring it. Definitely something we want to take another look at later this year though.

12. Design Wodify app for Android watches...android wear and tizen

It would be nice to see wods on my samsung gear s2 watch quickly.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Specific  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Alternative payment method at point of sale

Provide a 4th payment method button (designed to act like the cash option) for people that use izettle, paypall or a merchant / chip and pin device.

When i use mine i have no way of recording the sale in Wodifys Point of sale. (unless i register it as cash and make a note somewhere)
    If there was a simple button that registered the sale as something like "Card Machine" or had a customisable name, we could use these devices and still register the sale in Wodify and use Inventory system.

It seems like a simple upgrade that would allow…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Retail/Point of Sale  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Social Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow grouping of athletes for team scoring on WODS

For the sake of us gyms that do 1-2 team workouts per week maybe we could group athletes on the coach board, allow the team to take on a name and score the team workout as a team. Lots of team workouts going on and Wodify doesn't address scoring them.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An option to remove or tailor the Whiteboard would be wonderful

It would be nice to have an option to turn off the whiteboard or tailor it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Collecting Votes  ·  0 comments  ·  Classes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow whiteboard and leaderboard components to display in the units that are set as the unit of measure of the component.

Allow whiteboard and leaderboard components to display in the units that are set as the unit of measure of the component, and not driven by a global setting.

Example of current system for a WOD:

Metcon1: Max Box Jump Height has a score entered in inches (example 40 inches)

Metcon2: Row for 1 minute. Score is total meters rowed.

Depending on the Unit of Measure set for the gym, the scores on the whiteboard and/or leaderboard can only display a single unit. So in this case the scores would be one of the below:

Unit of Measure under Gym =…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom reporting and commission based pay

Need to be able to to run custom reports. For example, I want to know only new members that sign up for a specific contract and members we lose on those same contracts. This report would omit fundamentals, drop ins, etc. I'd also love to see a base receivables report.

Really, custom reporting/filters is necessary.

I do LOVE the new interface. Wayyy easier to use, much more professional looking.

Lastly, I'd like to be able to run commissions on athletes. Our coaches get paid commissions on their athletes, and right now I have to calculate that manually.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2017  ·  6 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Automatic Text Reminder to Leads to confirm Appointments

It would be great to have an appointment reminder system built in where we could set appointments, and the system would have an option to choose how far in advance to send an automatic text reminder to the lead reminding them about their appointment. We could view all appointments by the week or month in a calendar. If they respond to the automated text, we would either get a notification via email or to our phone # if it could be synced somehow.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Yes - 2017  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. individual program design

Will the personal training update also allow for personalized program design?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Workouts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The initial design will be to implement the billing and scheduling piece. Introducing workout tracking into the mix will be a phase 2 rollout which would likely very shortly follow the initial release.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base